This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary decat and mid silencer delete

Has anyone had the secondary cat and the middle silencer removed from a standard system? How does it sound? Any videos?

How olds your car, which engine??.

Comment

2012, a16 engine

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...se.&highlight=

Secondary cat left alone and main cat removed, but some info with a video there.

Comment

I did that on mine, didn't make too much difference to noise.
          No videos sorry. Backbox hides most of the noise as far as I'm aware.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cheers guys... nasir would you say it was worth doing? Or better saving to get a proper system?

Comment

Originally posted by Nasir View Post
              I did that on mine, didn't make too much difference to noise.
              No videos sorry. Backbox hides most of the noise as far as I'm aware.

Its made a massive difference on mine mate. 2.5" Cobra non res catback, left the secondary standard cat alone and 2.75" decat downpipe, its fair to say the difference is great. I don't like the pops but it does it and from 3.5rpm the sound is great, but subtle enough when driving normal.

And for the record, the back box will amplifie all the pipework before it. With just the catback it sounded tame, decat was the key and compliments a decent rear end.

Comment

I got a custom cat back with 1 silencer and secondary cat removed (a16). It's not massively loud but certainly picks up when you're heavy on the throttle and turbo kicks in

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

https://youtu.be/lTR0kf2dnlY

Doesn't really do it justice

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Would want to keep the main cat in, not looking for it to be massively loud just want it to sound a bit better

So the custom you got made is from the main cat back, deleting the secondary cat and just with 1 silencer?

Comment

Originally posted by Rossbrown_1 View Post
                      Cheers guys... nasir would you say it was worth doing? Or better saving to get a proper system?
                      If you are planning to keep the standard backbox then not worth it, but if you are replacing the backbox as well then probably worth doing.
                      I'm currently using the standard Burg backbox until I can find a decent and cheap enough backbox/catback.

Comment

Which back box would you recommend? I know remus seems to be the most common, but any other good ones?

Comment

Full system would be ideal for best sound rather than just the backbox, but I'm keeping an eye out for something like a piper one as I've heard they are nice

Comment

You also have cobra and milltek, they are most talked about on here

Comment

Cheers mate, will have a look and see what I like

Comment

Working...
                              X