This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusted exhaust bolts

Was planning on putting my cobra main decat and remus 3rd piece on my Arctic today but the exhaust bolts on the clamps are rusted so much there was no chance I could get them off with the basic tools I have at home, any advice or is it worth taking it to an exhaust shop? TIA
    Corsa VXR Arctic Edition No. 366

Buy an angle grinder and cut them off then replace with new.

For the price that'll cost i'd just cough up for a garage if I were you though.
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Same here, would definitely recommend taking it to a garage rather than struggling to get underneath the car and to try and hold everything in place while fitting.
      Silver Lightning Corsa VXR

Comment

+1. Then if they screw it up they have to fix it!!

Comment

As you are asking the question, suggest you are not sure what to do,

Take to a garage,

Comment

Rusted exhaust bolts

I invested in a dremel for these jobs but if you just don't want the hassle, garage 👍🏼

Comment

Good old trust hacksaw, I dropped my back box and just cut at the bend, took me 5 mins lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the same problem with a pipe I had but it was already off the car- took it to an ATS garage and they blasted it with a blow torch for a bit.. came undone easily after that!
                Stage 3 Corsa VXR- Gone!
                Octavia VRS TSI MK3

Comment

Working...
                X