This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa versus Astra

I have an Astra SRi sporthatch at present - do I go Corsa VXR or Astra VXR? :?
    Come on guys give me a point in the right direction - hoping to use the eventual car to have some fun on a few track days each year
    Whats your opinion on an Astra for trackdays?

well as the corsa has yet to be released bit hard to do a comparison with the astra.

I have tracked my astra and it handled very well, couldnt match the VX's throughout the bends but sure did pull away on the straights, few decent suspension upgrades out there to improve on the astra's handling, i have fitted KW varient 3 coilovers so very easy to adjust from a fast road to a stiffer track setting.

Comment

wil also depend on the size you want as well with the Astra being that much bigger.

If you like your SH then stay with it

But the pics of the Corsa do look very good.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_c
        wil also depend on the size you want as well with the Astra being that much bigger.

If you like your SH then stay with it

But the pics of the Corsa do look very good.
        I prefer the Astra as it's a nice size for being practical yet still fun. I just find the corsa a little small. I've never been a fan on the smaller cars tho. That's why I opted for the astra and didnt even bother waiting for the corsa.

Comment

i agree with alex the corsa is a great looking car and for a single person it's the nut's but when you got 40 kids like me i need something a bit bigger so the astra is the 1 and it's quick
          sigpic
          stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
          M.U.F.C.
          http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
            i agree with alex the corsa is a great looking car and for a single person it's the nut's but when you got 40 kids like me i need something a bit bigger so the astra is the 1 and it's quick
            You shud have brought the Zaffi

Comment

might do next year see how well the business does and i could be tempted with 1 as well as the astra cos i aint selling that
              sigpic
              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
              M.U.F.C.
              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by worsy
                might do next year see how well the business does and i could be tempted with 1 as well as the astra cos i aint selling that

Comment

When I actually see the Corsa in the flesh - think that will make my mind up on the spot - Love the Astra shape - even more so the VXR
                  Bought the Astra 6 months before I got promoted and a pay rise - damn!
                  So will have to wait a few more weeks to decide what I am going to get

Comment

If you got the money, take the Astra VXR. I still like it more than the Corsa by the appear.

What I love is the interior of the Corsa. The steering wheel, the seats, just perfect. And what is sure is that when you'll have this car everyone will look after you. Having an Astra OPC is nearly the same, but the Corsa is more conspicuous.

What me would make buying an Astra is the fact that it's faster and bigger. There you get an awful interior, too, the seats and the steering wheel is well done.

To add to this the Astra VXR has got IDS+ what the Corsa doesn't have but after testing a lot on the Nordschleife (hardest track in the world) the carriage will be excellent. Maybe it will be even better to handle than the Astra because of the smaller size of the car.

What I don't like on the Corsa: The headlights in the front.
                    What I don't like on the Astra: Nothing.

Comment

Can anyone tell me if the steering wheel and front seats can go in the Astra?
                      Also anyone has found a way to even lower a bit the Astras' driver seat (aftermarket rails!?).I'm feeling a bit high on it ...

Comment

Originally posted by VXR - xtc

I just find the corsa a little small. I've never been a fan on the smaller cars tho.
                        But Kristin Scott Thomas loves small cars, I'm with Jeremy on her being the deciding factor!

Comment

Originally posted by Lambo

But Kristin Scott Thomas loves small cars, I'm with Jeremy on her being the deciding factor!
                          that was soo funny.

Comment

I'm going from an Astra VXR to a Corsa VXR the astra is a great car especially with the KW Varient 3 coilovers on it and the milltek, however i have always liked the smaller cars and the corsa vxr fits the bill for me nicely.

Comment

Maybe The_Stig could enlighten us as to the main driving differences between the two?

Comment

Working...
                              X