This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping in parts with out remapping?

Hi guys!! I'm new to the group and new to modifying turbo cars!
    Can't find a spot on thread so apologies if this has been covered!
    * corsa vxr Nurburgring *
    Now I've got a turbo back exhaust with 200cell
    AEM cone
    All on standard map!
    I want to upgrade the injectors to help with p4 and better running
    And I also want to get a upgrade the intercooler!

Now I know ideally these need to be mapped in to get full benefits (would this much change be okay with out map or would it run like a bag of *****?)

Can I get them mapped into the standard map or does it require a full remap

Don't really want to aftermarket remap for insurance etc
    I know a lot of people don't tell them but I'm the unluckiest person on the planet and can guaranty I'll have a bump and my insurance will be void 🙈😂
    Hope my question makes sense! Any advice please! Injector size etc I'm keeping car standard other than what's said above! Cheers guys

So basically can i get my standard ecu map tweaked to get full benifit of these parts or does it require a different software from standard����*♂️

Comment

No any alteration to a map is essentially a "remap", and would need to be declared to insurance.
      W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

Cheers lad����

Comment

Cheers lad👌🏼

Comment

The thing will run fine without having the map tweaked. May even free up 1 or 2 horses.

Comment

Injectors need to be assisted with a map though don't they? , uprating injectors without map isn't sensible
              Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
              http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Yeah I guess. But exhaust and coolers will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
                  Yeah I guess. But exhaust and coolers will be fine.
                  Agreed ��
                  Corsa D Vxracing Various bits & bobs done
                  http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...rsa-D-VxRacing

Instagram Vxracing488

Comment

Originally posted by Dano95
                    Hi guys!! I'm new to the group and new to modifying turbo cars!
                    Can't find a spot on thread so apologies if this has been covered!
                    * corsa vxr Nurburgring *
                    Now I've got a turbo back exhaust with 200cell
                    AEM cone
                    All on standard map!
                    I want to upgrade the injectors to help with p4 and better running
                    And I also want to upgrade the intercooler!

Now I know ideally these need to be mapped in to get full benefits (would this much change be okay with out map or would it run like a bag of *****?)

Can I get them mapped into the standard map or does it require a full remap

Don't really want to aftermarket remap for insurance etc
                    I know a lot of people don't tell them but I'm the unluckiest person on the planet and can guaranty I'll have a bump and my insurance will be void ����
                    Hope my question makes sense!
                    Basically can I get my standard ecu map tweaked to get benifit of these parts or would it require a aftermarket software! Thanks guys any advice would be great and I'm new with remapping/tuning cheers ��
                    As said any tweak/modification made to the standard ECU is effectively "aftermarket software".

You will NEED a remap to run the car after fitting uprated injectors or the car won't run/fuel properly and you'll damage it.

If don't want to remap the car you can have the exhaust, cone filter, sports cat and even intercooler and it will run fine - you will get a slight power gain but obviously nothing like if you get the ECU remapped.

You mention insurance being a factor - if you've declared the exhaust, cone filter etc (which you should be doing to be legal) its unlikely to add much more to your premium if you also declare your remap.

FYI If you haven't declared you exhaust and other stuff already you're car isn't legal and you run the risk of them not paying out if you have a bump.

Personally speaking if you're not going to remap i'd take all the exhaust and other stuff off and sell them on...in reality they won't be adding any real power and considering you'll get several hundred quid for the parts i'd take that and put the money towards fuel, insurance tax. Car will probably run better than it does atm too.
                    Last edited by u33db; 26th July 2018, 08:57 AM.
                    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by u33db View Post
                      As said any tweak/modification made to the standard ECU is effectively "aftermarket software".

You will NEED a remap to run the car after fitting uprated injectors or the car won't run/fuel properly and you'll damage it.

If don't want to remap the car you can have the exhaust, cone filter, sports cat and even intercooler and it will run fine - you will get a slight power gain but obviously nothing like if you get the ECU remapped.

You mention insurance being a factor - if you've declared the exhaust, cone filter etc (which you should be doing to be legal) its unlikely to add much more to your premium if you also declare your remap.

FYI If you haven't declared you exhaust and other stuff already you're car isn't legal and you run the risk of them not paying out if you have a bump.

Personally speaking if you're not going to remap i'd take all the exhaust and other stuff off and sell them on...in reality they won't be adding any real power and considering you'll get several hundred quid for the parts i'd take that and put the money towards fuel, insurance tax. Car will probably run better than it does atm too.
                      So with the exhaust, cone filter, sports cat and even the intercooler it will run fine with a slight power gain?
                      Then u finish with sell the parts, the car will run better without them?
                      Astra VXR GTC, Summit White, Aero Pack, Performance Seat Pack, AFL's, Sat Nav, Climate Control, Tints! SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Nurburgring 223 View Post
                        So with the exhaust, cone filter, sports cat and even the intercooler it will run fine with a slight power gain?
                        Then u finish with sell the parts, the car will run better without them?
                        Yes?

Don't confuse a slight power gain with a healthy engine.

If you bolt all that stuff on it will add some power but because the ECU map isn't aware of those mods then obviosuly its not going to be fuelling 100%...it could be lean, lost torque lower down, have a crap power curve etc etc

Point here is the lad has bolted a load of stuff onto his car that probably cost well over £500 and will get 10 brake increase at best if hes unmapped.

He ain't going to notice 10 brake.

If its a work-in-progress then fine but if hes not going to map it will be better as standard so the standard ECU can do what its designed to do.
                        Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Bit daft to fit them if you're not going to map. If you're after a noise increase just go for a cat back.

Nurburgring astras got released from the factory with a full remus system and didn't have a map tweak so the running can't be that bad.

Comment

You would hope but as everyone always says every car is different.

All i'm trying to say is that if a) you've got a standard car mapped standard and b) a car with mods but unmapped then the standard car is going to be setup and run better.

Maybe not as powerful but safer.

Comment

My car is mapped to run safe with the setup, not optimised to the max.

Comment

Working...
                              X