Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Here - 2011 Corsa VXR Gears Stiff When Engine Cold

Afternoon All,

Newbie here, and my first post so apologies if it's in the wrong place etc.

I picked up my first Corsa VXR (2011 & 49k on the clock) at the weekend, and have noticed first thing in the morning it can be tough getting it into reverse or 1st gear. Once warmed up, there's no problem at all, and even late afternoon/early evening when it's been sat at work it's OK too.

I'm going to give the garage a call later anyway, seeing as I've only had it a few days, but just wanted to know whether I should be seriously worried?

Let me know if you require any further info.

Cheers.

Pretty normal if someone has changed the gear oil to something like 75w90 etc - if anything you can take some comfort from knowing when it's warmed up and ready to use properly

Astra

Comment

Cheers Ian. Puts my mind at ease. I've had the worst luck with cars over the years, so anything little thing that doesn't feel quite right has me flipping out.

Is it worth changing the oil, or just leave as is?

Comment

Check through the history, it's not on a service schedule so you'd expect to see a receipt for the oil or the fitting at least.
        You can change it if you want, probably cost you less than £40 at a local garage

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
          Check through the history, it's not on a service schedule so you'd expect to see a receipt for the oil or the fitting at least.
          You can change it if you want, probably cost you less than £40 at a local garage
          Thanks Ian. Your advice is much appreciated.

Comment

Mine M32 is the same of a morning with Fuchs 75w90, especially in the winter. Once warmed though, it never misses a beat. Touch wood it’s done 80k, most of that with this oil in the box and it’s still going strong 🤞

If you check and change the oil, do it yourself though and save yourself some money. It’s a doddle and there will be a ‘how to’ in hear somewhere to walk you through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingsxfan View Post
              Mine M32 is the same of a morning with Fuchs 75w90, especially in the winter. Once warmed though, it never misses a beat. Touch wood it’s done 80k, most of that with this oil in the box and it’s still going strong 🤞

If you check and change the oil, do it yourself though and save yourself some money. It’s a doddle and there will be a ‘how to’ in hear somewhere to walk you through it.
              Cheers mate. The luck I've had with cars over the years, and knowing the M32 can be a little delicate, I just thought the worst.

Seems a few people I've spoken to say the same though, that theirs is the same and once warmed up, there's no issues at all.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X