P0420 - Remus decat to sports cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P0420 - Remus decat to sports cat

When I purchased my car it had already been modified with a Remus exhaust, though it had a decat. MOT time comes around and naturally I fail it, so I had a sports cat fitted since I wanted it to be MOT friendly.

EML had previously popped before due to the decat and had since disappeared once the sports cat was fitted, but only for a few months. Since then I've had the EML on everyday, and if I reset it by either disconnecting the battery or using a handheld OBD reader it appears again after a day.

I've read that an O2 spacer can be used to move the sensor away from the flow of gases, but I'm unsure if there could possibly be another issue? I've had the code reoccurring for some time now and the car doesn't feel any different to me. Recently passed MOT too without issues.

Also I have a strange hissing like sound emitting from the passenger side when letting off throttle which popped up recently. I'm thinking it could be a crack in a hose somewhere for when the throttle is closed and a vacuum is created?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Telych; 25 November 2018, 11:00 PM. Reason: Error in spelling

Sports cat can put on the EML...a 90 degree O2 spacer will help...i had to do this with a Cobra sports cat so i'd try that first...you can get the spacer off ebay for sub £10
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Originally posted by u33db View Post
      Sports cat can put on the EML...a 90 degree O2 spacer will help...i had to do this with a Cobra sports cat so i'd try that first...you can get the spacer off ebay for sub £10
      Awesome. Would this one be good to purchase?

Edit: I purchased the one linked above. Hopefully it sorts my issue, I'd love to have no EML on for once!
      Last edited by Telych; 25 November 2018, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X