Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa engine whine/Whistle

Hi Guys,

Got myself a 2010 Arden Blue Corsa VXR a few months ago and long story short I've put a fair bit of money into it as it needed a bit of work to say the least.

Anyway, I think I have most of it sorted but there is a whine/whistle from the engine after about 5 mins of driving. Kicks in about 2k+ revs and is almost constant once it starts and pretty loud and incredibly annoying. I've had the timing and alternator belts done as they needed it plus thought that may have been the issue but it persists and so far no mechanic can tell me why. Anyone have any ideas? Cheers in advance! Video below of the noise I've uploaded to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SBZyECGHLA

Difficult to tell...sounds a bit like a bearing dried out.

Can you not get a mate to rev the car while you look in the bay and try and pin point it?

Find it hard to beleive and worrying the mechanic can't locate it TBH
    Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

Someone’s not stuck one of those turbo whistle things up your exhaust ?
      Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Comment

Corsa C 1.4 (SOLD), Corsa D SRI Turbo (SOLD), Facelift Corsa D 1.4 SE (SOLD), Now Corsa E VXR...plus about 20 other non VXs

Comment

I revved it when I had it the mechanics, it's coming from the left side of the engine round where the belts are but the tensioner and all was tightened too so I've no idea.

The turbo whistle thing had actually crossed mind but no, it's not lol. May bring it to Vauxhall and see what they say

Comment

I think you need to find a better mechanic in all honesty.

Comment

I know my cars but I'm pretty much clueless when it comes to mechanics, bar the simple things so it's beyond me. Just don't fancy a main dealer putting their arm in if it's something simple, they could tell me whatever and I wouldn't know any different lol.

Comment

Where are you based, if you arnt confident picking a better garage maybe someone on herr can recommend somewhere for you?

It just worries me your current place cant even hunt down an obvious noise like that.

Comment

I'm not too far from Belfast, there's a main dealer not far from me so might see what they'd charge to have a look and go from there. The car seems to be driving fine but the noise sounds ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                  X