This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of getting...

I am 20 years old with zero no claims as I am currently insured on my mums policy. Thinking of getting a Corsa VXR and trading in my 05 Plate SXi which I have paid off in full. My only concern is the cost of insurance... I am 21 in Sept. Can anyone here tell me whether they have good premiums for young ages?

The cost of the car is feasible, it is just the insurance that might sting...

With no certain insurance group given for the corsa yet i think it may be a wee bit hard to determine.

My current policy is 22 male driver, dad named on policy, 2 years ncb, low crime rate zone, car garaged every night, and group 4 insurance car. the premium for that is £398 with elepahnt.

To kinda give me a general idea I asked vauxhall for a quote on an astra vxr, exatcly the same as above, obviously the car being different and they quoted me £1286.

Assuming elephant will be a good deal cheaper than vauxhall insurance, but elephant can only give me a quote if i call them cos i'm an existing policy holder.

Comment

Re: Thinking of getting...

Originally posted by CORSA
      I am 20 years old with zero no claims as I am currently insured on my mums policy. Thinking of getting a Corsa VXR and trading in my 05 Plate SXi which I have paid off in full. My only concern is the cost of insurance... I am 21 in Sept. Can anyone here tell me whether they have good premiums for young ages?

The cost of the car is feasible, it is just the insurance that might sting...
      If you run quotes on the Astra VXR I'm sure it will only be cheaper.... so if the VXR comes in realistic it may give you an idea.

Comment

A experienced insurance broker has approachwed me re starting a VXR scheme, this may be able to help.

Comment

Anymore info Sparky??

Comment

i did that, i rang round for quotes on the Astra VXR and my best was around £700 but i am 23!! So hopefully when i get my Corsa VXR it should be abit less.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma
              i did that, i rang round for quotes on the Astra VXR and my best was around £700 but i am 23!! So hopefully when i get my Corsa VXR it should be abit less.
              I'm 22 and mines around that for my VXR so that's about the best price you have there.

Congrats on getting a corsa, well putting your name down. What options did you get? colour?

Comment

Originally posted by starkie
                Anymore info Sparky??
                Had a 2 hour conversation on Friday night. It has been handed onto the powers to be to discuss further.

Comment

Im going for red - with 18s and leather interior.

Comment

Im going for red - with 18s and leather interior.
                    Nice - do you have a delivery date yet?

Comment

Hey im 21, Zero NCB adn my insurace is £900 Fully Comp in my own name......

Comment

24th march delivery date

Comment

24th march delivery date
                          Just in time for Brands!!

Comment

Ive never been

Comment

Ive never been
                              Come this year with your fiance. Were doin a big VXR meet, see general chat for more details.

Comment

Working...
                              X