This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXR Badge (Tacky or Not?)

I saw a Corsa C modle (old shape) with the rear Vauxhall badge taken off and replaced with a VXR badge. I thought that this looked very tacky as almost everyone knows that there is no such thing as an old shape Corsa VXR.

This was just a poor attempt to try and look flash. The man was just trying too hard and failed miserably.

It's people like that who give VXR a bad image. Would have taken some pics of this monstrosity to show you, but no camera to hand.

please express your views.

Dont worry about it, there is a guy round the corner from me with a Black corsa C he has vxr badges on both the sides and the back, its not a vxr and does not look like one so i think they should just come off.......

Comment

Re: VXR Badge (Tacky or Not?)

Originally posted by CORSA
      It's people like that who give VXR a bad image. .
      im sorry but i think thats a bit harsh, its good to see people respecting the brand and VXR is also a representation of the Vxl BTCC team - VXRacing.

Each to their own i say!

Comment

I agree with Aussie about the respect. But when people try to make out that they've got something they haven't it can b abit silly :?

Comment

I personally think the VXR / VXRacing brand is good and should be marketed/publicised, as for putting VXR badges on their cars, that should only happen if it has been tuned by VXracing, or the car has been modified with VXR parts to a degree. Just to put a VXR badge on a car because 'it looks cool' is a little sad i think. :wink: That's my view.

Comment

People have been putting extra Turbo/M badges etc on cars for ever...get over it.
            sigpic

Comment

What a nice set of responses to a new member of the site... his post was well written and neutral, though some comments include "get over it". No wonder he hasnt bothered to return.

Comment

Thats what i thought the poor lad was only saying! Im scared to post anything but not as scared as i am of that "clown" face.

CORSA ..... come back!

Comment

Once a CLOWN always a CLOWN LOL.......

Comment

Originally posted by Emma
                    Thats what i thought the poor lad was only saying! Im scared to post anything but not as scared as i am of that "clown" face.

CORSA ..... come back!
                    Don't worry, we honestly a lovely bunch.... See this thread to get a jist of who is who....

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/messagebo...pic.php?t=3253

Comment

I'm back, this is CORSA.

After reading wot some of you have written, i have come to understand that I may have been a little quick to judge. Maybe it is good to see that people are taking an interest in VXR, even if it is placing a badge on there current vehicles.

I guess it does help advertise VXR and may help in getting others interested and bring them closer in understanding what VXR is all about.

Comment

Originally posted by OLD_CORSA
                        I'm back, this is CORSA.

After reading wot some of you have written, i have come to understand that I may have been a little quick to judge. Maybe it is good to see that people are taking an interest in VXR, even if it is placing a badge on there current vehicles.

I guess it does help advertise VXR and may help in getting others interested and bring them closer in understanding what VXR is all about.
                        Welcome back and pop into Astra VXR anytime you want.... were all a little mental at times. But we are a good bunch

Comment

to me ts like badging a 320ci a "M3", just to associate with bmw's Motorsport brand. Its wrong, cheap and tacky. If it were to enlighten the VXracing brand then they should have had that badge and not the VXR logo.

Comment

Re: VXR Badge (Tacky or Not?)

Originally posted by Aussie
                            Originally posted by CORSA
                            It's people like that who give VXR a bad image. .
                            im sorry but i think thats a bit harsh, its good to see people respecting the brand and VXR is also a representation of the Vxl BTCC team - VXRacing.

Each to their own i say!
                            My Words exactly Shane

Me and my Bro put one on his 1.8 SRI as we thought it looked pretty good. And represents Vauxhalls Success in motorsport!! Im not one for Tacky stuff at all, and much prefer subtle, which i think this is, its not like hes got VXR plastered acrosss a sunstrip or anything, just a smart, subtle little badge

What you got to remember is, VXR has only just become a brand over the last couple of years...and this was done to represent Vauxhalls BTCC success, so why not show your support!!

It is just like having an ///M Badge on a BMW or a MUGEN / B.A.R Badge on a Honda etc.
                            sigpic
                            My VXR from Start to Finish

Gone but not forgotten - one of the original crew

Comment

looks very nice that daz , and corsa dont listen to mel i'm not pink she just wishes i was a girl , anyway talking about the vxr badge i saw a taxi in our town with one on his old clapped out vectra and i mean clapped out i just giggled then slowly came along side on the dual carriage way he looked at me and the badges on the side of my car i just looked at him and laughed and sped off it must have made his day seeing a real one but hey it's great cos everyone wants a vxr and we are a lucky group to own 1
                              sigpic
                              stealth no more but beware of the silver lightning GSI with vxr power
                              M.U.F.C.
                              http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                              X