X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new fuel

http://www.bp.com/genericsection.do?...tentId=7017179

Well I won't be using that anytime soon then as I would be on empty by the time I got home!!

Comment

lol

Comment

Isn't BP 102 in Thorneys latest fuel report?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Yep, we tested it, good stuff, but even back when we tested it it cost £147 to fill the CSl......er, it aint that good

Comment

jalfrezigazee been using that for ages, hes mentioned it a few times before
            sigpic
            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Seeing as i've been bunged into a 1.8 Vectra Sri for a month or so, think I'd notice any difference switching to something like this?

The car has currently got BP 97 in it and its still evil, never known a car with so many flat spots in it!

Comment

dont go racing anyone again

dont think it will make a difference really, go for it, use your fuel card
                sigpic
                GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

My fuel card only works in Total! Grr

And my racing days are well and truley over... I can't even do a smooth gear change in the car! I keep on getting the urge to smack the windscreen with my head... Its been time since I last drove a 1.8 Vectra... I didn't think they were this bad.. and they call this improvement? VVT... 140ps? Smoother... my bum!

Comment

lol, stick to the excellium stuff then which was 1.35 when i looked lst week not to mention the 'sri' seats are meant to be sports seats.....yeah right
                    sigpic
                    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Totally pointless using this for the VXR, unless you have more money that sense !

and as they claim themselves ......"for use at track days and other events" by I imagine cars setup to use such fuels in the 1st place

Stick to the 2 fuels most suitable to the VXR's;

For performance - Tesco 99

For economy - V-Power
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by R15VXR View Post
                        Totally pointless using this for the VXR, unless you have more money that sense !

and as they claim themselves ......"for use at track days and other events" by I imagine cars setup to use such fuels in the 1st place

Stick to the 2 fuels most suitable to the VXR's;

For performance - Tesco 99

For economy - V-Power
                        Is V-Power not as good as T99 for performance?

Comment

nice one, but dont have BP in me country.... (
                          MB E63s AMG
                          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
                            we dont have here T99 - but both are 99 plus... dont think that T is better than V
                            MB E63s AMG
                            MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                            Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                            Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
                              At the risk of starting this type of discussion for the million'th time I will respond as follows;

Simply - NO it isnt !!

The comment that comes up time after time, especially in my local area is that you can definately 'feel' the difference between these two top fuels, but at the cost of economy !

With T99 - your car will feel ready to go ( frantic as i always describe it) and will provide better figures on a RR which supports the owners thoughts everytime. Now, I am not saying V-Power is rubbish - far from it, its excellent stuff but T99 has the edge. An added bonus is that in most occassions you will find T99 cheaper, but if you aint got a Tesco near you who sells it - well the next best choice has got to be V-Power without a shadow of a doubt, certainly in my mind.

I am pleased to say thet THORNEYS extensive testing of the top ron99 fuels has proved this too - refer to their website for further details.

If you want to delv further into this subject I suggest you use the SEARCH button and read the many threads that have already passed on this subject in the last few months alone.

In essence, if you want to get the most of your std unmodified car I would go as far as saying these are the only fuels to use !

If your car is modified ie. setup to use such fuels - you have no other choice but to use or you may damage your engine.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X