This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa heating system useless ?

Since i have had my Corsa i have found that the heating system on hot is virtually useless.
    With the dial/knob turned up to max red, the heat is none existent, unless the fan is turned on to boost it.
    Surely you dont need the fan on to get warm ?
    I can drive 20 or 30 miles with the dial on red max and no fan assist and its bloody cold, all other cars dont need a fan assist.

Anyone else suffer this ?

And another problem, why whenever it rains the interior mists up, even though im dry inside (not like i get in wet from the rain myself)
    sigpic

Originally posted by miniman View Post
    Since i have had my Corsa i have found that the heating system on hot is virtually useless.
    With the dial/knob turned up to max red, the heat is none existent, unless the fan is turned on to boost it.
    I can drive 20 or 30 miles with the dial on red max and no fan assist and its bloody cold, all other cars dont need a fan assist.

unless your doing 70+ your not going to get any ram air.

whats the problem with putting the fan on ? its not going to raise your electricity bill

Comment

Originally posted by S20 GST View Post
      unless your doing 70+ your not going to get any ram air.

whats the problem with putting the fan on ? its not going to raise your electricity bill
      Thats not the point, im perfectly aware of the fact about no extra cost for the fan assist , thats not the point im making.

And by the way im driving at 70, so weres the ram air now ? all other cars dont need a fan assist.
      Last edited by miniman; 26 October 2008, 09:00 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Thats not the point, im perfectly aware of the fact about no extra cost for the fan assist , thats not the point im making.

And by the way im driving at 70, so weres the ram air now ? all other cars dont need a fan assist.

Have you got it on re-circ ?

Comment

Originally posted by S20 GST View Post
          Have you got it on re-circ ?
          No, dont use recirc, surely that re-uses the air already in the car and does not draw any fresh/new air in.
          sigpic

Comment

Use recirc when you have the air con on surely?

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
              Use recirc when you have the air con on surely?
              Thats my point, you shouldnt have to have either the aircon or recirc to get warm or stop it misting up.
              What about non VXR corsas with no aircon ?
              sigpic

Comment

I have climate mate but mine works fine. I dont need the fan to run for me to feel the heat through the vents.

Comment

And another problem, why whenever it rains the interior mists up, even though im dry inside (not like i get in wet from the rain myself)
                  I have never had a car and not put the fan on to at least 1.

My ole dad does that puts it on 0 drives me mad if you want some air in the car turn the fan on.....lol
                  Mini Cooper S
                  Vinyl by www.mbsigndesign.co.uk

Comment

you may need to top up your expansion tank as this may be low hence no hot water to warm the air flowing in up.
                    Owned a Corsa VXR once upon a time.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                      I have never had a car and not put the fan on to at least 1.

My ole dad does that puts it on 0 drives me mad if you want some air in the car turn the fan on.....lol
                      100% agree... when you need hot air, also need turn fan to 1 or more... never see car witch can make your cabin hot just to put heating to red with fan on 0, when you need hot air go to red and fan 1+....
                      MB E63s AMG
                      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Why would you get heat without the fan on? surely thats the point of the fan to blow air?....

Comment

I have a VW caddy as a work van, and it gets roasting inside with heat on full but with fan OFF.

Must admit havent noticed any problems in the corsa.

Comment

Mine heatens up grand, but only after about 5-7 minuts of driving. Before that i'd be as well blowing on the windscreen with my mouth!

Comment

Originally posted by ChuGNutS View Post
                              Why would you get heat without the fan on? surely thats the point of the fan to blow air?....
                              The point of the fan is to increase the air flow coming from the heater matrix, the heat should still be able to warm the cabin by natural pressure.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X