This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astra VXR engine in a Corsa

Alright guys I'm looking for a bit of advice.

Had my corsa VXR for a few months now and thinkin on doing some mods but not very sure on what to do.

Been thinkin about buying an Astra vxr engine and putting it into the corsa but to sure.

Any thoughts??????

Great idea! Do you have more money than sense? 'Cos that would cost an absolute mint!! You'll get results just as great by modding the Corsa engine and the costs would be far less.

Comment

Buy the Astra VXR.......?!?!?!? it comes with the astra vxr engine.......

Would be alot less work, and think the insurance would work out cheaper too.......than modding the corsa...
      sigpic
      WHICH ONE TODAY.... ???

LAMBORGHINI LP560-4.....VXR8 BATHURST:S...or.....FOCUS RS

Comment

Torque of the devil into the nearest hedge!!

Comment

^^^^^ what he said, forget it and tune the engine you have!
          sigpic

CORSA VXR
          -
          Courtnay Sport panel filter and Downpipe,
          Remus and Retro fit factory Bluetooth and GID

Comment

why not go all the way and stick a vxr vectra engine in the back and in the front

Comment

you can put also veyron engine into back as above buy astra vxr not just engine... will be easier and cheaper
              MB E63s AMG
              MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
              Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
              Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

but sticking the astra engine in the corsa is different, no1 has done it before and being the 1st person in the country to do it is quite cool! and if you mod the astra engine imagine the power to weight ratio!!! ye it would cost a bomb but surely its worth it. i mean people spend 50k on a 106gti lol. whats the point? vxr's have much more sex appeal!! just gta b v careful if you do it.
                sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT
                Quarter Mile 13.9 Seconds @ 99mph
                0-60 in 6.23 secs at Trax '09 beating 2 brand new Focus RS's on the day

Comment

Originally posted by tom_mackey1188 View Post
                  but sticking the astra engine in the corsa is different, no1 has done it before and being the 1st person in the country to do it is quite cool! and if you mod the astra engine imagine the power to weight ratio!!! ye it would cost a bomb but surely its worth it. i mean people spend 50k on a 106gti lol. whats the point? vxr's have much more sex appeal!! just gta b v careful if you do it.
                  Haven't Courtney sport done it?

Comment

agree with u there mate.
                    It certainly would be amazing.

Think I will just tune the engine. unless i win the lottery Lol

Am I right in saying that Regal are the best for tuning performance ??

Comment

Originally posted by M99 LKO View Post
                      agree with u there mate.
                      It certainly would be amazing.

Think I will just tune the engine. unless i win the lottery Lol

Am I right in saying that Regal are the best for tuning performance ??
                      That sort of question usually starts a "Tuner War" - gets as animated as who's the best football team etc

PS - Liverpool at the minute

Astra

Comment

courtenays been there done that

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=24229
                        for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

Why would you add a astra VXR engine into the corsa VXR body the weight of the VXR astra engine would be crazy heavy its a 2 litre turbo?
                          sigpic

Team HARD.
                          ...I'm a Regal dare devil...

Comment

it an't that much heavier than the 1.6 engine to be honest and it what people have been doing for years bigger engine into little cars like the c20let into a nova iirc another 1st for courtenays infact courtenays turbo'd the old redtop before vauxhall did
                            for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by js_VXR View Post
                              Why would you add a astra VXR engine into the corsa VXR body the weight of the VXR astra engine would be crazy heavy its a 2 litre turbo?
                              Because I reckon it would be pretty amazing and wondered if it would be possible

Comment

Working...
                              X