This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for the stereo guys!

If I was looking to spend about £100-£150 on getting a bit more out of my sound system what would you reccommend? Not worried about the ehad unit or anything, just the speakers I guess.

Would I just replace the standard ones? Or add extra ones? Or a little Bass box or something?

Ideas welcome!

All depends on what your after in ways of enhancement....
    If you was to upgrade your head unit most are 4x50 meaning more power to your OEM speakers and that would improve the sound quality and a bit louder for your money. Or you could get a little active sub in your boot and run it off of the standard head unit for a bit more bass.

Comment

ud be able to get a decent set of alpine speakers all round for that money mate, but once uve done the speakers ull want a new head unit aswell a

Comment

I only paid £250 for my complete double din install , worth every penny . Done it on the cheap but look and works great . I have a double din dvd player with igo 8 sat-nav , also got built in tv with digital freeview , only thing i lost with my install was steering controls but i'm not to bothered about that

This is mine fitted below , sorry about the car not being clean

Video of the sat nav , not the best quality as it was done on a mobile phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RohbBb6-TcI

Stereo cost me £200 , i then paid another £40 for the fascia, i already had an iso adapter from a previous car

Worth it though
        Last edited by trinaandlee; 28 October 2008, 09:07 PM.

Comment

were abouts did you get the double din from? and also the fascia? looks great iam gonna get one for mine i think!

Comment

Originally posted by Garry-VXR View Post
            were abouts did you get the double din from? and also the fascia? looks great iam gonna get one for mine i think!
            The double din was actually from Hong Kong , an ebay seller . It is an unbranded system , cost me £200 delivered , i ordered 2 , 1 for me and 1 for someone else and they let me down in paying but i have sold it now . The one came through without any customs charges the other did cost me another £24 customs . This was going back about 2 months when i bought mine

Sellers profile http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...ab=AllFeedback

The fascia was bought from ebay aswell

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Corsa...2em118Q2el1247

Vey easy to fit and certainly worth it

Comment

awesome I will be gettin one of those!

Comment

could you get a cable thats still alows you to use your steering wheel contols?

Comment

Look what marshall vauxhall r doin click on link then Corsa - InTouch Pioneer Sat Nav

http://marshallweb.co.uk/vauxhall/leicester/

If there’s a new Corsa on your mind, we know you’re looking for great styling,
                  a dynamic drive and bags of clever features, but we’ll bet you love your
                  in-car entertainment too. So look out for Corsa inTouch SXi and Design
                  models. With a punchy 1.2i 16v engine, alloy wheels and air-con - plus
                  the latest touch-screen Pioneer Sat Nav system as part of the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BEADING SHINY View Post
                    Look what marshall vauxhall r doin click on link then Corsa - InTouch Pioneer Sat Nav
                    well spose they gota do some sort of gimik to start shiftin the 1.2's!

Comment

Whats an ISO adapter? And where is the best place to get one from? Price?
                      Lew
                      Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
                      Future mods: springs....

Comment

yeah it does look awesome, but does it mean you cant use your steering wheel controls

Comment

Originally posted by trinaandlee View Post
                          ......... only thing i lost with my install was steering controls but i'm not to bothered about that..........
                          What does the wheel on the left hand side of your steering wheel normally do? Loosing the volume controls on the right hand side would be a big deal, but the left wheel would be a bit of hassle as i'd loose the controls of the large computer screen.
                          Systems looks class thou

Comment

Originally posted by lewisfirth View Post
                            Whats an ISO adapter? And where is the best place to get one from? Price?
                            Lew
                            An iso adapter is a wiring harness that fits the vauxhall canbus wiring loom and converts this to the normal iso block found on all stereo fittings

Originally posted by Jay_Vxr View Post
                            yeah it does look awesome, but does it mean you cant use your steering wheel controls
                            Originally posted by Longshanks100 View Post
                            What does the wheel on the left hand side of your steering wheel normally do? Loosing the volume controls on the right hand side would be a big deal, but the left wheel would be a bit of hassle as i'd loose the controls of the large computer screen.
                            Systems looks class thou
                            I only have the small screen so my onboard computer is not worked from either of the steering controls .

Yes with my stereo install i have lost all steering volume / stereo controls . But it is possible to buy a double din unit that will work with your steering controls BUT the price is expensive , a second hand pioneer sold on this site a few months ago for £400 , you then would need to buy canbus adapters , fascia adpaters etc. where as i did all mine brand new for £250 . My stereo also has built in tv , digital freeview , bluetooth , usb , sd card read for both gps ( igo8 ) and music / movies . I have an 8gb card in the slot and have 10 music concerts on the card so i have pictures and music at the same time .

Comment

Originally posted by trinaandlee View Post
                              An iso adapter is a wiring harness that fits the vauxhall canbus wiring loom and converts this to the normal iso block found on all stereo fittings

I only have the small screen so my onboard computer is not worked from either of the steering controls .

Yes with my stereo install i have lost all steering volume / stereo controls . But it is possible to buy a double din unit that will work with your steering controls BUT the price is expensive , a second hand pioneer sold on this site a few months ago for £400 , you then would need to buy canbus adapters , fascia adpaters etc. where as i did all mine brand new for £250 . My stereo also has built in tv , digital freeview , bluetooth , usb , sd card read for both gps ( igo8 ) and music / movies . I have an 8gb card in the slot and have 10 music concerts on the card so i have pictures and music at the same time .
                              Sounds like a great set up, but the more expensive option would be the only way i could do this. Don't want to loose my bluetooth.....

Comment

Working...
                              X