Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stage 1 - Courtenay Sport Stage 1 v Regal Phase 1

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stage 1 - Courtenay Sport Stage 1 v Regal Phase 1

    Okay,

    Courtenay quote 210bhp (Correct me if im wrong)
    Whereas Regal quote 230bhp.

    Both tuners carry out the same task for around the same price.

    I'd like to concentrate on Regal first. Is their quote true or slightly ott?

    Who did you guys head to (for the first stage)?

    Thanks

  • #2
    Courtenays are VERY good and have been in the business 25 years!!!! I think thats says it all

    Comment


    • #3
      I see.

      How can regal quote such a high figure from just a live map? Do they puch the car harder?

      Would Courtenay be the safer option??

      Comment


      • #4
        M8 you said it your self

        "Would Courtenay be the safer option??"

        Yep it sure would, + them guys really do know there stuff and will bend over backwards on customer service

        Comment


        • #5
          Three hour trip from London!!! lol

          They had better be the better option. I think I may pay them a visit before checking Regal out.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by streamline View Post
            M8 you said it your self

            "Would Courtenay be the safer option??"

            Yep it sure would, + them guys really do know there stuff and will bend over backwards on customer service

            No discredit to Courtenays as they are very very good at what they do but what do 'you' know personally about Regal's tuning to say anything differently? and secondly what do you know about corsa tuning when you own an astra???????? get my point!

            as for the question, mate give them both a call and have a chat about what they can offer you, as for figures, you will find most quote up to and as for comparison wise, there is none, each obtained their figures on different makes of dyno's from different cars, dont go peak power chasing, there is more to tuning than that.......
            Last edited by Aussie; 28 October 2008, 02:55 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              on the regal open day people were getting 220bhp from the phase one.

              I myself got 212bhp and 292lbft
              Corsa Has Left The Building

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by streamline View Post
                M8 you said it your self

                "Would Courtenay be the safer option??"

                Yep it sure would, + them guys really do know there stuff and will bend over backwards on customer service
                And Regal wouldn't? Never had any problems with Regal, can only recommend them...I suggest you phone each tuner up, and decide for your self mate, as everyone has their personal preference, It's not wise to ask that question on here

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Aussie View Post
                  No discredit to Courtenays as they are very very good at what they do but what do 'you' know personally about Regal's tuning to say anything differently and secondly what do you know about corsa tuning when you own an astra???????? get my point!

                  as for the question, mate give them both a call and have a chat about what they can offer you, as for figures, you will find most quote up to and comparison wise, figures obtained on different dyno's from different cars, dont go peak power figure chasing, there is more to tuning than that.......
                  Who did you pick?

                  I also remember you driving the Corsa pass my office (shoreditch high street. Next to texaco) Should let me see one of the cars up close lol.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Nath View Post
                    on the regal open day people were getting 220bhp from the phase one.

                    I myself got 212bhp and 292lbft
                    Would just like two know what the average outputs are.

                    I think we all know that rollers will never be 100% accurate!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Aussie View Post
                      No discredit to Courtenays as they are very very good at what they do but what do 'you' know personally about Regal's tuning to say anything differently? and secondly what do you know about corsa tuning when you own an astra???????? get my point!

                      as for the question, mate give them both a call and have a chat about what they can offer you, as for figures, you will find most quote up to and as for comparison wise, there is none, each obtained their figures on different makes of dyno's from different cars, dont go peak power chasing, there is more to tuning than that.......
                      My BROTHER has a CORSA

                      and i do know a thing or two about regals tuning

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DAIR View Post
                        Who did you pick?

                        I also remember you driving the Corsa pass my office (shoreditch high street. Next to texaco) Should let me see one of the cars up close lol.

                        we went for Superchips and was set up at their head office on the dyno, the software does our corsa fine with no problems in the past 15 months but i would recommend any of the listed tuners, they all offer pretty much the same in performance.
                        Happy to give you a run mate if you wont to feel what a bit of tuning will offer then you can make up your mind which tuner you wont to use, plenty to choose from on this site.
                        Im situated a few min drive down the river from Tower Bridge so not far from your work, 4 or so miles, let me know.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by streamline View Post
                          My BROTHER has a CORSA

                          and i do know a thing or two about regals tuning
                          tuned by Regal?

                          well do tell then mate to back up your personal experience

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Aussie View Post
                            No discredit to Courtenays as they are very very good at what they do but what do 'you' know personally about Regal's tuning to say anything differently? and secondly what do you know about corsa tuning when you own an astra???????? get my point!

                            as for the question, mate give them both a call and have a chat about what they can offer you, as for figures, you will find most quote up to and as for comparison wise, there is none, each obtained their figures on different makes of dyno's from different cars, dont go peak power chasing, there is more to tuning than that.......
                            very well put.

                            all i can add is that if you go for regal and the ipf unit (not saying do it your self as id still go down and have them do it and check it ) is you have a variaty of maps that you can chose from as and when you want to try something slightly different from home . as for courtenys i think its just the 1 map . although there is a price difference this root .
                            Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Aussie View Post
                              we went for Superchips and was set up at their head office on the dyno, the software does our corsa fine with no problems in the past 15 months but i would recommend any of the listed tuners, they all offer pretty much the same in performance.
                              Happy to give you a run mate if you wont to feel what a bit of tuning will offer then you can make up your mind which tuner you wont to use, plenty to choose from on this site.
                              Im situated a few min drive down the river from Tower Bridge so not far from your work, 4 or so miles, let me know.
                              Well I may decide to drive into work on Friday!

                              Would love to see either on of them?

                              Hmmmm Superchips. They sound familiar. I once took my old 1.8 corsa to a remap day in Birmingham. A tuners named ChippedUK. I think they're apart of the superchips group!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X