This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double din head unit

I am looking to change my head unit for a double din, i want it to have be bluetooth ready and ipod ready (i.e not have to buy any more adpaters).

I have been looking at this one, which i believe is going to be avaible in new sxi corsas!

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...bt_p-23371.htm

Would i need anything else to get my steering controls to work and would i still be able to control the main screen?

your help would be greatly appreciated!!!

You would need a canbus iso wiring adapter and also Double din fascia and cage

That does look a smart system and not bad for the price especially for pioneer

Comment

jus been lookin at this head unit aswell

i really like it...i hope they make it available fot the vxr's aswell!!

that place above ^^ is selling it much cheaper than vauxhall are fitting it for
      Astra Edition #105
      Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

i am not sure if it's a double din unit though, it states in the description that it can be mounted anywhere???

Comment

it is double din. I'm thinking aobout getting one of these but where do I get the wiring connections. If vaux are going to be fitting them does that me it keeps all original features(display steering controls)?
          VXR ARCTIC #157

Comment

This unit works as an addition to your existing factory fitted kit, it is a controller box/amp that hides away and then a glorified SatNav/control centre and display, so you cant put it in your existing double din as you need to keep the original cd/radio. The display would have to mounted elsewhere.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

that's a bit pointless then really, cause it will like odd just sitting on the dash!

Can any one point me in the right direction for a double din, with bluetooth and ipod ready?

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by d6n View Post
                that's a bit pointless then really, cause it will like odd just sitting on the dash!

Can any one point me in the right direction for a double din, with bluetooth and ipod ready?

cheers
                Pioneer do a 700 and a 900, both are replacement units, I think the only difference is DVD playback on the 900

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

i have been looking at this one...

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...272.htm#second

if i get this

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...01_p-19936.htm

and this

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...15_p-22740.htm

and this

http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/stalk-c...er-p-1894.html

would i be able to control the head unit through the steering controls, control my ipod and also change the time on the climate control screen!!

Lots of questions, sorry!

Comment

anybody help??

Comment

Sorry above my pay grade.

Try pm to Basil

Comment

D6N,

As far as I am aware as I have already changed my head unit ect, Pioneer are the only company that do a lead that will allow you to keep your steering wheel controls, if anybody knows better then please correst me if I'm wrong....

BUT!! I wanted a double din with bluetooth and 3 pre outs, so I bought this one

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products...0BT/index.html

It looked awesome and matched the piano black, but wouldn't fit due to the cage being slightly too big because Pioneer double dins use screws to release the unit from the cage rather than keys like most head units....
                        So then I had to try and sell that unit and buy the single din equivalant, its nice and does everything the one above does just didn't look quite as good...

So be careful and don't get stung like I did and have to buy a second head unit...

Also, if your going to buy a fascia don't go anywhere else other than Vauxhall if you want it to match your piano black consol. I bought one from the links you've been putting up and what a waste of £30 that was, looked like a normal black fascia. Vauxhall's is pricey at £70 but well worth the money.

Hope this all helps mate

Comment

Forgot to mention this is the one I got and Its everything you want

i-pod, bluetooth and steering wheel controls (with lead) plus piano black to match

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products...0BT/index.html

Comment

thanks for that mate, can you change the time on the display though?

Comment

Originally posted by d6n View Post
                              thanks for that mate, can you change the time on the display though?
                              I don't have climate control so I have the smaller display (not sure what you've got ) but all you lose is the track info and thats on the head unit anyway. What your get in the display is the time, date and temp...

Comment

Working...
                              X