Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halfords Extreme Brilliance bulbs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Halfords Extreme Brilliance bulbs

    After reading about the Orsam Nightbreaker bulbs, i was looking about a few of my local shops and it turns out the Nightbreaker weren't available. I was thinking about ordering them online but i've no patients to wait a week or so for delivery!
    So i bought some of the Halfords Extreme Brilliance bulbs, which are supposed to be +90% brighter than the originals. They were doing a buy one get on free offer also, so cost €29 in total.
    I dunno about being 90% brighter but I can say i'm happy enough with them. They definitely give off a whiter light than the originals.
    But christ the hassle in changing the bulbs isn't something i'd want to do too often. My hands are too big
    Two quick pictures of before and after;

    Original


    Halfords Extreme Brilliance


    I had the camera set on totally automatic to try and give a good comparison but neither are great
    The two pictures of the actual headlights (with before and after) appear the same cos the camera couldn't handle the brightness....

  • #2
    I can see the difference, its quite clear how much brighter the new ones are. Do you have AFL?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
      I can see the difference, its quite clear how much brighter the new ones are. Do you have AFL?
      No, just the standard lights.
      The difference is even more in noticeable on the road driving

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Longshanks100 View Post
        No, just the standard lights.
        The difference is even more in noticeable on the road driving
        ill back u on this 1...

        i couldnt believe how much more effective the extreme brilliance bulbs had when i put them in my focus...

        i used to have the phillips bluevision bulbs but nowhere near as blue or bright as the extreme brilliance!!

        for a set of halfords bulbs, these are the 1s i would recommend
        Astra Edition #105
        Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

        Comment


        • #5
          Ane me -- When I first brought the Vec I had 30% brighter in, then when they came out I got the 50% brighter and now have these 90% brighter bulbs - Each time I have noticed a difference, even from the 50-s to the 90's.

          The pics you have show they are definitley brighter and may settle the argumnets from those who say they make no difference.

          Hopefully a good informative post esp as they are bogofs at the mo

          Comment


          • #6
            have you got different alloys??
            sigpic
            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
              have you got different alloys??
              Who, me?
              Those picks were taken from inside the car looking at the girlfriends swift...! (How else would her alloy wheel be lighted up)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Longshanks100 View Post
                Who, me?
                yes you
                sigpic
                GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                  yes you
                  See above - my edit beat you too it!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    haha i just woke up

                    i was thinking the blue car visible in the pic was omitting the light horizontally
                    sigpic
                    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                      haha i just woke up

                      i was thinking the blue car visible in the pic was omitting the light horizontally
                      Thick tw*t.......... To be fair I did a double take

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by sri cjb View Post
                        Thick tw*t.......... To be fair I did a double take
                        sigpic
                        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Longshanks100 View Post
                          After reading about the Orsam Nightbreaker bulbs, i was looking about a few of my local shops and it turns out the Nightbreaker weren't available. I was thinking about ordering them online but i've no patients to wait a week or so for delivery!
                          So i bought some of the Halfords Extreme Brilliance bulbs, which are supposed to be +90% brighter than the originals. They were doing a buy one get on free offer also, so cost €29 in total.
                          I dunno about being 90% brighter but I can say i'm happy enough with them. They definitely give off a whiter light than the originals.
                          But christ the hassle in changing the bulbs isn't something i'd want to do too often. My hands are too big
                          Two quick pictures of before and after;

                          Original


                          Halfords Extreme Brilliance


                          I had the camera set on totally automatic to try and give a good comparison but neither are great
                          The two pictures of the actual headlights (with before and after) appear the same cos the camera couldn't handle the brightness....
                          Sighting of Jesus Christ in the middle of the pic just above light beam, standing on fence.....lol

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X