This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another problem

today put some fuel in the car already had half a tank of v power in but thought would top up..

car was fine for a 20minute drive pulled up to park somehwere and the car just bogged out and died.. as it died i seen the spanner light come on tried starting it a few times and it ticked over for around a sec and just keeps cutting out everytime.. after a few goes would tick over but didnt feel like it wants to drive.. tried turning the spanner light off with the dashhawk you can reset it with this.. but it would just come straight on again..

theres loads of smoke coming from the exhaust and engine will not rev over around 1500-2000rpm

got the AA out and he didnt have a clue where to start he said looks like i have put diesel in the car but i was sure i never as i can remember what pump i used and in the garage the pumps are seperate from the diesel.. but went up and checked 100% on what pump i used so went and double checked there wasnt a diesel pump there.. and there wasnt so cant have put diesel in

any ideals?
    Last edited by LukeVXR; 3 November 2008, 02:57 PM.

Has It Gone In Too Safe Mode!!!!!!

Comment

yep.. another engine light has come on the dash think its emissions one
      Last edited by LukeVXR; 3 November 2008, 02:57 PM.

Comment

is it still running rough now? prob gone into limp home mode. Could poss be the air mass meter? So the aa were no help to you?
        sigpic

CORSA VXR
        -
        Courtnay Sport panel filter and Downpipe,
        Remus and Retro fit factory Bluetooth and GID

Comment

yep gone into limp mode.. but the car feels like its struggling wont rev over 2k etc.. i have had the car go into limp mode before from messing with dv's etc and it lost loads of power but didnt go like this not reving over 2k etc and struggling to pull away..

also yesterday the car went into limp mode around 3-4times kept turning it off with the dashhawk and after around 4times it stayed off for the rest of the day... but know i got this today!!

Comment

yeh sounds like the MAF sensor (mass air flow) the one for your filter.... what filter you using.... u got hoses???
            and will need tech2 reset should this be the case.... if VX make u pay for sensor it usually sets u back around £90-£110
            hope this helps...

Comment

if the air mass meter went would it cause it to smoke quite heavily from the exhaust? pritty thick smoke.. and no aa wasnt any help really apart from towing me home lol

Comment

your not having much luck mate are you.

mine kept cutting out wen the amm went but not the other symptoms so doesn't sound like that.

Comment

desconect the air mass meter on the connctor it will go to factory pre set try the car then if it starts and runs fine then your meter has gone.

Comment

what does this black smoke smell like? petrol\oil?

Comment

not sure on smell.. its not black.. white but pritty thick
                      Last edited by LukeVXR; 3 November 2008, 02:58 PM.

Comment

thats a good point didn;t think about that.... check your oil... is it watery? and does the white smoke have a blue tinge to it??
                        i really hope i'm wrong on both of them...

Comment

i did have a quick look at the oil not sure on watery but it did seem a lil high on the dipstick?

not sure on the hint of blue in the smoke either

Comment

Originally posted by vxrtom View Post
                            thats a good point didn;t think about that.... check your oil... is it watery? and does the white smoke have a blue tinge to it??
                            i really hope i'm wrong on both of them...
                            how come mate what could this mean?

Comment

head gasket.... and if water got into oil then well.... i'm guessin with a VXR new engine... but mite get away with gasket, possibly new bottom end.. but i am guessin here as never even looked at my engine properly..... lol best thing i could say mate is get it 2 TMS....

Comment

Working...
                              X