X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking her in...

That sounds so wrong!

How many miles did everyone do to break their cars in? Im thinkin of just driving to Birmingham from Leeds gently then havin some fun on the way home

someone 0, but me something about 1300 miles... as somebody here say can be from 500-1500 miles...
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

i didnt rev above 4k for the first maybe 300 miles. then when i did take it up2 6.5k, i did it as a steady (not foot to the floor) way.

some say you dont need to break it in but i wasnt going to risk it after spending lots of my pennies

i do know if you thrash cars once broken in it seems to make them alot more livly than a granny driven one, imo at least.

oil change at 1k!

Comment

didn't go above 4.5 revs for 800 miles, then after slowly started to increase acceleration.

Comment

Treat her gentley just remember the first time will be painful for her if you treat her rough

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Beg your pardon!

You need you mouth washed out with soap
            Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

What your car will blow up if you don't treat her gentley at first..

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

I waited until 1000 miles.But have had to do this twice as I had to have a new engine after 4000 miles.

Comment

100 MILES and no problems u dont need to run in.i have had many new cars all been ok..

Comment

Cheers peeps, shes just arrived so I'm off to do some trundling :-)

Comment

Originally posted by l.kelly View Post
                      100 MILES and no problems u dont need to run in.i have had many new cars all been ok..
                      would you say the car drives better if u run it in for less time and open it out more, say within the 1st 1000 miles??

or will it run better to give it stick after 1000 miles??
                      cheers
                      Astra Edition #105
                      Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

As long as you dont thrash the living daylights out of it you should be ok to have a bit of fun, but remember the brakes may need a bit of bedding in.
                        sigpic

Comment

The best way is to run her in gently for the first 1000 miles, change the oil and then gently increase the revs. Treat her like a woman - i.e. treat her gently and carefully and she will give you good service, treat her rough and she will play you up.
                          sigpic

Arden Blue Corsa VXR , 18" anthracites, Quaife LSD, AP VXRacing 4pot brakes, KW Variant3 (40mm drop) & Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup, larger intercooler, 3" Nurburgring exhaust conversion, ITG panel filter, Nurburgring front & back splitters, colour coded roof rails

Comment

Oh and by the way thier not all she's... mines a he, much stronger, known fact
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                              Oh and by the way thier not all she's... mines a he, much stronger, known fact
                              I bet yours is a she when misbehaving
                              sigpic

Arden Blue Corsa VXR , 18" anthracites, Quaife LSD, AP VXRacing 4pot brakes, KW Variant3 (40mm drop) & Uprated Fast Road Geometry Setup, larger intercooler, 3" Nurburgring exhaust conversion, ITG panel filter, Nurburgring front & back splitters, colour coded roof rails

Comment

Working...
                              X