X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intercooler+turbo hoses

Hi everyone...
    i noticed that i had very high temperatures. for example when i drive in a very aggressive way and i select 3rd gear i already have 68c degrees iat(intake air temperatures) with 30c degrees enviroment...so the stock ic doesnt help at all (temperatures after loggin' with my laptop)
    any suggestions???
    someone that has tested smth (regal-courtenay-etc) and he is pleased, i think he would help (if possible with numbers)
    i also would like to know if there are any turbo hoses for our car, cause the only thing i found was samco's coolant kit, which i believe its worthless...
    correct me if i am wrong

thx a lot in advance
    jordan...
    Last edited by jpopc; 24 February 2009, 11:43 AM.

have a look here http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/inde...ewDoc&docId=84

all the bits on that website site can be ordered and fitted here

Greece

Voulalas Opel
    Protopapadaki 60-62
    Galatsi
    11147 Athens
    GREECE

Γ. Βουλαλάς
    Λ. Πρωτοπαπαδάκη 60-62,
    11147 ΓΑΛΑΤΣΙ

Tel: 0030 - (0)210 222 33 62
    Mob: 0030 6930 965 728
    Fax: 0030 - (0)210 213 12 63
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Web: www.voulalas.gr
    Voulalas Opel, our appointed agents in Greece are able to offer a full range of Courtenay tuning products including ecu remapping
    for all your VXR tuning needs phone courtenays on 01692 404313 or vist www.courtenaysport.co.uk

Comment

intercooler+turbo hoses

courtenay do turbo hoses mate for about £200 but have a look on ebay as there has been a few sets for sale lately for £100+ got a set my self for £130.hope this helps

Comment

i believe the iat is read before the turbo prob by the air flow meter, so the reading you have is before the intercooler has done any work. Think how hot it is in your engine bay after giving it some beans.. All the components (pipes etc) are going to be hot and heat up the air which is why the air goes through the intercooler last before going into the inlet manifold. Someone please correct me if im wrong..
        sigpic

CORSA VXR
        -
        Courtnay Sport panel filter and Downpipe,
        Remus and Retro fit factory Bluetooth and GID

Comment

think you might be rite mate

Comment

too much money must be spent for courtenay here in Greece...
            intercooler for example costs about 1000 euro...
            yesterday i found this ---> http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...ct=FMINT104UNI (type
            and i might order it... seems to fit...
            a friend of mine (ibiza cupra remapped 1.8T) said that he bought one of these and the max temperatures he show was around 45c degrees in summer!!!

Comment

he saw those temps cause cupras's fmic are huge!! In comparison with that of forge you show us!

Comment

i have asked this question before and was told not to worry, the car will go safe before any damage is done

Comment

Originally posted by gk002 View Post
                  he saw those temps cause cupras's fmic are huge!! In comparison with that of forge you show us!
                  no its not
                  its smaller than mine... lenth62cm width8cm height13cm
                  mine will be lenth68cm width8cm height20cm
                  how that sounds now??

Comment

Working...
                  X