This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is overboost?

Whilst thinking about the day I get my VXR I had a look in the brochure and noticed something called "overboost"?

What is it?

Mark
    sigpic

Been asked a few times. Have a look here:

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ight=overboost

Comment

Ok cheers for that mate, but still non the wiser!
      sigpic

Comment

the turbo in the car works harder, for a short time, to make more fuel/oxygen enter the combustion chamber(inside the engine) to produce more power. Then after this overboost period it reverts back to a safer pressure.....is about the easiest way I can put it...after a few beers and a mighty curry

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          the turbo in the car works harder, for a short time, to make more fuel/oxygen enter the combustion chamber(inside the engine) to produce more power. Then after this overboost period it reverts back to a safer pressure.....is about the easiest way I can put it...after a few beers and a mighty curry
          pmsl, do i have a safe overboost period john?

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
          www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

You just have stupid psi levels boost all the time james lol

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

???? you lost me mate, but i wont have a safe period in the morning....a bit off topic but is anyone has the option of a prawn, garlic, chili and spinach curry-beware Its gonna hurt

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                Now I understand, cheers buddy!
                sigpic

Comment

not the difinitive answer mate, but a bit more than nothing-more complicated than mini's lol

Comment

Working...
                  X