This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tax

going to the stealers to get the next 6 months tax they promised.when i biught the car they promised a year but he said they only do it 6 months at a time more than likey a lie hoping i might not come back .let u all know how i get in lads

i was told that before, far as i know they can give u whatever they decide. check ur finance papers to see wot u paid for

Comment

my tax runs out end of this month.... i hate the british government!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vxrtom View Post
        my tax runs out end of this month.... i hate the british government!!!
        Mine did to. Got my letter in today from the DVLA.

£210 for the year. And for what? Speed bumps? Pot holes? Speed cameras?

Comment

Originally posted by desy mc View Post
          going to the stealers to get the next 6 months tax they promised.when i biught the car they promised a year but he said they only do it 6 months at a time more than likey a lie hoping i might not come back .let u all know how i get in lads
          I believe some dealers do have a general policy that every new car gets 6 months tax, but if the salesman promised you 12 months you are as well to go back and ask (you should maybe have tried to get it in writing at the time though).

Comment

Originally posted by N0ddie_VXR View Post
            Mine did to. Got my letter in today from the DVLA.

£210 for the year. And for what? Speed bumps? Pot holes? Speed cameras?
            better than £400
            sigpic
            GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Definitely get it in writing or they will mug you right off!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMissCaz View Post
                Hahaha my mate always uses that phrase so funny when he says it!
                Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

The small print says '' on the road price '' which includes delivery, number plates, first registration fee, and 12 months road fund licence.
                  sigpic

Comment

There you go then! 12 months is what you should get.
                    I'd just threaten them on the way out and say i'll see you in 6 months time for my nice shiny new tax disc!

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMissCaz View Post
                      The car tax in Ireland changed recently for anybody who bought a new car from July '08 onwards (if car registered before July '08 - old rated apply forever). Anyways the new rate is €600 (£487 stg) because the CO2 is 190 g/km. If it was of 191 g/km it would be €1000 (£812 stg) for the year

As mine is a pre July'08 reg its about €450 (£365 stg)

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                        The small print says '' on the road price '' which includes delivery, number plates, first registration fee, and 12 months road fund licence.
                        Will have to dig out the paperwork since I only got 6 on mine...
                        "If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."

Comment

I got a full twelve months tax on mine..... no 6 months now 6 months later ********
                          2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
                          2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
                          Originally posted by Flinty
                          as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

Originally posted by Egg View Post
                            I got a full twelve months tax on mine..... no 6 months now 6 months later ********

Vaux offered me 6 months.. I have cheekily asked for 12... Wonder what they will say.

And i'm going to be doing some complaining to the council about pot holes etc if I am paying £210 a year!
                            POP! POP! BANG!
                            Nurburgring Edition No. 641

1/4 mile in 14.4 seconds.. not bad for standard

Comment

You will need to be complaining more next April when it's 260

Comment

Working...
                              X