Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ipod connection question?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ipod connection question?

    Hi all,

    As some of you know I have recently traded my 172 cup in for a VXR, which should be arriving soon! In the clio I had a pioneer dvd screen, with numerous connection, one of which was an ipod connection.

    Now from reading several threads on this topic I have noticed that you can buy a connection lead that goes from the 3.5mm jack on the corsa headunit to my ipod (2nd gen nano btw), but you cannot charge it on the move, whilst plugged in!

    Are there any out there that do charge the unit?

    Thanks in advance
    Mark
    sigpic

  • #2
    Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
    Hi all,

    As some of you know I have recently traded my 172 cup in for a VXR, which should be arriving soon! In the clio I had a pioneer dvd screen, with numerous connection, one of which was an ipod connection.

    Now from reading several threads on this topic I have noticed that you can buy a connection lead that goes from the 3.5mm jack on the corsa headunit to my ipod (2nd gen nano btw), but you cannot charge it on the move, whilst plugged in!

    Are there any out there that do charge the unit?

    Thanks in advance
    Mark
    The Auxillary jackplug connection is seperate from the headunit and is located in front of the gear lever. I use a jack to jack lead from my iPhone and use a powerjolt which plugs into the bottom of the iphone or ipod then into the cigarette lighter, I have the iphone mounded in a cradle off the centre airvent. Only downer is you cant use the steering wheel controls apart from volume say if you wanted to change tracks. Hope that helps.

    Sorry I realised you might be wanting to change the headunit in the Corsa? lol

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by chester View Post
      The Auxillary jackplug connection is seperate from the headunit and is located in front of the gear lever. I use a jack to jack lead from my iPhone and use a powerjolt which plugs into the bottom of the iphone or ipod then into the cigarette lighter, I have the iphone mounded in a cradle off the centre airvent. Only downer is you cant use the steering wheel controls apart from volume say if you wanted to change tracks. Hope that helps.

      Sorry I realised you might be wanting to change the headunit in the Corsa? lol
      Yeah I might want to change the headunit, but I think I will leave it for now, but still wanna find a connection that will let me charge on the move!

      Mark
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I have a parrot phone kit fitted that comes with an ipod connection lead, it allows you to charge, use steering wheel controls to change track , adjust volume. it has a small screen mounted where ever you want which displays tracks. i use it with my iphone so call and phone book appear aswel, mute the radio etc
        sigpic

        CORSA VXR
        -
        Courtnay Sport panel filter and Downpipe,
        Remus and Retro fit factory Bluetooth and GID

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
          Yeah I might want to change the headunit, but I think I will leave it for now, but still wanna find a connection that will let me charge on the move!

          Mark
          I use one of these

          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GRIFFIN-POWERJ...1%7C240%3A1318

          Comment


          • #6
            i ended up changing my head unit so i could still listen and charge my ipod/iphone without a lot of cables , still skip songs with the steering wheel controls. ended up going with a double din pioneer 1 cause i know they do the adaptor for the steering wheel controls

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by merve84 View Post
              I have a parrot phone kit fitted that comes with an ipod connection lead, it allows you to charge, use steering wheel controls to change track , adjust volume. it has a small screen mounted where ever you want which displays tracks. i use it with my iphone so call and phone book appear aswel, mute the radio etc
              what parrot kit is that mate, sounds good!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by d6n View Post
                what parrot kit is that mate, sounds good!
                yeah i would like to know too?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm guessing this one
                  [img]http://www.parrot.com/es/productos/kitsmanoslibres/parrot-mki9000/texte_***/image/01.jpg[/img]
                  http://www.parrot.com/uk/products/ha...parrot-mki9000

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by chester View Post
                    Where does this one plug into on your headunit mate? As cant see the 3.5mm jack???
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
                      Where does this one plug into on your headunit mate? As cant see the 3.5mm jack???
                      The Griffin Powerjolt just plugs into the bottom of your ipod and then into the cigarette lighter socket to keep it powered and the battery topped up. You use a seperate jack to jack lead that runs from the ipod headphone socket to the cars aux socket thats located in fron of the gear lever in the Corsa. I prefer it this way as I didn't want to go pulling the dash apart fitting a different head unit and it looking naff plus its more secure as you take the ipod away with you.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by chester View Post
                        The Griffin Powerjolt just plugs into the bottom of your ipod and then into the cigarette lighter socket to keep it powered and the battery topped up. You use a seperate jack to jack lead that runs from the ipod headphone socket to the cars aux socket thats located in fron of the gear lever in the Corsa. I prefer it this way as I didn't want to go pulling the dash apart fitting a different head unit and it looking naff plus its more secure as you take the ipod away with you.
                        Can the ipod hidden away anywhere when in use (on the move)?
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by d6n View Post
                          what parrot kit is that mate, sounds good!
                          it's the mki 9200 mate, easy to fit and will work with any iPod memory stick and sd card!
                          sigpic

                          CORSA VXR
                          -
                          Courtnay Sport panel filter and Downpipe,
                          Remus and Retro fit factory Bluetooth and GID

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X