X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we be worried?

GM likely to run out of cash before the year is out click here

I hope the US will bail it out.

Its happening to all car manufacturers (and most other businesses around the world) so no nothing to worry about... yet
    2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
    2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
    Originally posted by Flinty
    as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

GM have been out of money for a few years so I recon they should be OK. If they did go to the wall then the company I work for would be in trouble as they are our biggest customer. We supply the CAD CAM and CAE software that all the GM cars are designed on worldwide
      sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
      Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

I read that lots of dealers are discounting their prices!

Does this mean that if any Arctics are brought out early next year with an 09 plate, dealers may sell them for cheap and then those of us who already have them on order would be annoyed?? lol
        POP! POP! BANG!
        Nurburgring Edition No. 641

1/4 mile in 14.4 seconds.. not bad for standard

Comment

the point is they are only making 500 arctics ever? so i think not!

Comment

Originally posted by Archer1988 View Post
            the point is they are only making 500 arctics ever? so i think not!
            Good point.
            POP! POP! BANG!
            Nurburgring Edition No. 641

1/4 mile in 14.4 seconds.. not bad for standard

Comment

I bought a Racing Puma which, admitedly was over priced at £23k, but when you see the amount of hand fabrication (rear arches were hand finished as was the engine) it wasn't a large price to pay. I head that each car cost For over £30k to make. Only 350 were ever made. I sold it 18 months on for £10k to buy a Type R.

I would say they will deprecitate like anything else, maybe not to the same extent but don't expect them to hold their value that well. They are quite nice, but nothing "that" special, such as the Clio Sport Trophy that even had bespoke dampers, seats, etc. etc.

Then again, I might be totally wrong!!

Comment

Originally posted by wellsi View Post
                I bought a Racing Puma which, admitedly was over priced at £23k, but when you see the amount of hand fabrication (rear arches were hand finished as was the engine) it wasn't a large price to pay. I head that each car cost For over £30k to make. Only 350 were ever made. I sold it 18 months on for £10k to buy a Type R.

I would say they will deprecitate like anything else, maybe not to the same extent but don't expect them to hold their value that well. They are quite nice, but nothing "that" special, such as the Clio Sport Trophy that even had bespoke dampers, seats, etc. etc.

Then again, I might be totally wrong!!

Racing Pumas, now they were cool

Comment

Well I guess all those who work for GM and VX should be worried at the moment. Its inconceivable that GM would go under but who knows, just look at the some of the big banks etc. GM can't keep losing money hand over fist as they are and unless they cut right back on manufacture and workforce or are bailed out then yes I could see them going under. Look at JCB recently and the dire problems they have been facing. I only have to walk around my local town to see all the empty shops where small businesses have collapsed eg Motor World Hope it picks up and soon.

Oh and hope they don't go under before I get my mirrors replaced lol

Comment

Working...
                  X