This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running rich

Had my corsa rolling roaded last week, 1st time since the remap. On remap day i was pushing 220bhp but this time it only showed 205bhp. Also the graph showed that it was really rich which is what the guy said was the reason for loss of power.
    Was pushing over 280ftlb of torque though but only for a very shot burst.
    Anyone got any advice.
    Used Mobil super unleaded 97ron fuel, used Tesco 99ron on day of remap (but regal said it was **** fuel and mobil 97 was better).
    Got Regal map 230bhp and Courtenay panel filter, thats all.

Can upload the graphs tomorrow if anyone needs to see them for comparison.
    It was tested on a Dyno Dynamics RR at Evolve in Luton.

Which Regal map you using?
    Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
    sigpic

Comment

dyno's can vary, not each is the same.

I think Nath had a similar outcome on RR day.

Best is to take to Regal and get checked out.

Comment

two of the biggest things for that are the map sensor,if they are faulty they will read summat like 80 plus degrees and the ecu will over fuel it to prevent you doing the engine in and the afm can be faulty aswell,both of which can go without throwing up a fault,but make them overfuel.
        ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
        version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
        version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
        coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

T99 is one the best fuels

Comment

Originally posted by PERCY'S vxr View Post
            two of the biggest things for that are the map sensor,if they are faulty they will read summat like 80 plus degrees and the ecu will over fuel it to prevent you doing the engine in and the afm can be faulty aswell,both of which can go without throwing up a fault,but make them overfuel.
            map sensor reads manifold pressure not temp. The afm can read temp aswel as air flow, however the air temp Reading isn't usually outside air temp so the Reading can be higher..
            sigpic

CORSA VXR
            -
            Courtnay Sport panel filter and Downpipe,
            Remus and Retro fit factory Bluetooth and GID

Comment

Upload the graph with power and AFR if you have it.

Comment

Was running the "low gear limit" 235 map.

I understand that not all RR show the same, infact the guy even told me that before he started. He also said that the Dyno Dynamics was a more accurate machine than the one used at Regal. But I wasnt expecting that much difference.. 15bhp.
                I was thinking maybe the panel filter is giving me the overfueling issue?
                Im gonna arrange to hire the RR for an hour and start from standard map then try all the maps for my setup and see which works best.

Comment

I always thought that 210bhp (+/-5bhp) was the rough area that stage 1 maps fall into.

The figures obtained will always vary depending on the dyno, car, mileage, fuel used and even temperature on the day. However, some of the figures quoted here for Stage 1 cars seem grossly optimistic.

Its probably likely that the original reading was actually high rather than the new one being overly low. 220bhp on just a stage 1 and panel filter is high when most stage 2 cars fall into the 220-230bhp range. My own made 223bhp when tested on Thorney's dyno, though admittedly that was with just 900 miles on the clock.

As a guide (though not exhaustive), Id say:

Stage 1: ~210bhp
                  Stage 2: ~225bhp
                  Stage 3: ~240bhp

Other mods (i.e stage 1 + downpipe) may add a few, but most cars will fall near these values.

Comment

Originally posted by K70VXR View Post
                    Was running the "low gear limit" 235 map.

I was thinking maybe the panel filter is giving me the overfueling issue?
                    Im gonna arrange to hire the RR for an hour and start from standard map then try all the maps for my setup and see which works best.
                    That would be interesting to see! Panel filter shouldnt be giving you issues unless the AMM is bugg ered...
                    Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by merve84 View Post
                      map sensor reads manifold pressure not temp. The afm can read temp aswel as air flow, however the air temp Reading isn't usually outside air temp so the Reading can be higher..
                      sorry,

map sensor reads pressure AND temp in the boost pipe (plug in a tech2 and have a look) this enables the ecu to adjust the fueling for charge temp compensation,it also has another map sensor round the back of the engine for baromic pressure compensation.outside air temp sensor is used for the ecu along with the baromic pressure sensor to gauge its environment (ie middle of mexico city or the antarctic) the afm (or Mass Air Flow) meter measures the volume of air going into the engine.

i remember the zlets were prone to foam filters killing the afm's (my pipercross chaulked up 2 kills before i swapped it)
                      Last edited by PERCY'S vxr; 9 November 2008, 01:38 PM.
                      ...superior horsepower through knowledge,good design and maximum efficiency
                      version 1.0 a low boost 347bhp
                      version 2.0 a stock boost 356bhp.
                      coming next......280bhp of finest signum V6 derv power!.

Comment

Originally posted by gizbod View Post
                        dyno's can vary, not each is the same.

I think Nath had a similar outcome on RR day.

Best is to take to Regal and get checked out.
                        Yea i was running 292LB/FT

Dont think im running that now since ive got the new Nurb Linear map on now
                        Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Working...
                        X