This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remus vs bluefin?

I'm hopefully due my usual annual bonus now at the end of the year and am thinking about spending some of it on the car. Normally i wouldn't dream of spending it on my car as it essentially dead money, but then i've never had a car i love so much before!

So i'm thinking about possible getting a remus system sorted or maybe going down the bluefin route for a remap, or maybe a double din system.

The double din would look sweet and give me sat nav but really it would only be for cosmetic reasons as i already have bluetooth and can't see myself watching dvd's in the car.

The remus video's posted by others on here sounds awesome and would give a few extra bhp gains. However being in Ireland gives rise to a few problems! My dealer knows nothing of it! But i could travel to N.I to a vauxhall dealer.... (only considering the remus system in attempt to keep my warranty. This would really needed to be looked into!).

And then theres the bluefin or similar. Obviously this would be loads of fun but wouldn't i need to be running RON 99 all the time?
    *** Normal RON 99 isn't available here in ireland. Maxol sell "RON 99" but this contains 5% Bio-Ethano and anytime i've tried it my fuel consumption nose dived.

Dunno what to do, if at all! Has anybody been in a similar position?
    Last edited by Longshanks; 10 November 2008, 09:58 AM.

lot of thinking on front of you... i am running on bluefiin just with V-power 99plus, once i put there V-power 95(just mistake)... the car really dont like that fuel...
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by brano_co View Post
      lot of thinking on front of you... i am running on bluefiin just with V-power 99plus, once i put there V-power 95(just mistake)... the car really dont like that fuel...
      Brano, how do you find the bluefin stage 1 ? Any flat spots or hesitation when cold or hot ? Thanks.
      sigpic

Comment

Buy the exhaust yourself and get Eakins in Derry to fit it when your up this way next, think they were charging 35-40 and hour to fit my Miltek

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
          Brano, how do you find the bluefin stage 1 ? Any flat spots or hesitation when cold or hot ? Thanks.
          PM mate !
          MB E63s AMG
          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Just FYI - Tesco 99 also contains 5% Bio-Ethanol
            http://www.greenergy.com/tesco_99_octane/FAQs.html
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Insignia VXR View Post
              Just FYI - Tesco 99 also contains 5% Bio-Ethanol
              http://www.greenergy.com/tesco_99_octane/FAQs.html
              Thanks but yeah i know;

Originally posted by Longshanks100 View Post
              ............... Normal RON 99 isn't available here in ireland. Maxol sell "RON 99" but this contains 5% Bio-Ethano and anytime i've tried it my fuel consumption nose dived.

As above, Maxol's stuff gives poor MPG

Originally posted by Joseph_G View Post
              Buy the exhaust yourself and get Eakins in Derry to fit it when your up this way next, think they were charging 35-40 and hour to fit my Miltek
              I emailed them on sunday to see that the storey is. Hopefully they'll come back to me soon
              Last edited by Longshanks; 10 November 2008, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X