This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Gauge... Common problem?

It seems my fuel gauge has a mind of it's own I fill it up to the top and I mean FULL and the gauge only goes to 7/8 full. Then if I drive for a an hour or so it slowly goes to full.

When I fill it up the trip computer only says about 250 miles surely something isnt right there eather??

Is it a common or known fault with the Corsa 'D' or VXR so I can probe Vauxhall with it and make them fix it!

Gav.

Originally posted by chubby blue View Post
    It seems my fuel gauge has a mind of it's own I fill it up to the top and I mean FULL and the gauge only goes to 7/8 full. Then if I drive for a an hour or so it slowly goes to full.

When I fill it up the trip computer only says about 250 miles surely something isnt right there eather??

Is it a common or known fault with the Corsa 'D' or VXR so I can probe Vauxhall with it and make them fix it!

Gav.
    I've had a similar problem.
    my gauge sometimes after i fill it up will show that ive not put any in then abot 10 mins later it will move up.

Comment

think its a common fault mine doesnt register a full tank for about 5 to 10 mins.nothing to worry about.

Comment

i had this aswell, when you turn the ignition on just wait a few secs untill the trip computer resets, instead of just turning the car over right away, it sorted it for me

Comment

Originally posted by MackVXR View Post
          i had this aswell, when you turn the ignition on just wait a few secs untill the trip computer resets, instead of just turning the car over right away, it sorted it for me
          yep dont just put fuel in and turn the engine straight on.. ignition off fuel in, igniton on wait a few seconds and gauge will go straight up! works for me aswell anyway

Comment

i am also waiting for guage after fill up the tank few moments - but dont think it is problem... whats wrong on 250 miles ??? are you expecting 999 ???
            MB E63s AMG
            MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
            Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
            Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

It used to be about 300 miles but come to think of it I have stopped using the car for motorways and long drives so it's proberly just that.......... I tend not to look at the MPG figgure as it will make me cry

I will try the method of not starting the engine and just turn the ignition on an see if that helps

Comment

when you want better range, try to fill it longer after first "automatic" stop - as after that i put there another 9 liters (52 in total... to 45 liters tank)
                MB E63s AMG
                MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

I always fill it to the brim untill and then pull it out all the way to the flap (I'm not suggesting anything) God dam Vauxhall for not fitting a bigger fuel tank!

Comment

same here i get that that too! although mine keeps saying i've got 399miles in the tank.
                    sigpic

Corsa VXR Z16LER2008 ~ Silvertech Bulbs ~ Miltek Race FULL De-Cat ~ PI 30mm Springs ~ Diblas Flowmaster ~ Samcos & DV26d ~ Corts Stg-1 Map ~ boost guage ~ Dashhawk ~ 5k HIDs ~ AFL's ~ 18's ~ Rear Tints

Comment

Working...
                    X