Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine running in time

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Engine running in time

    Hi all,

    In around 10 days I should be picking my brand new corsa VXR up and was wondering how long you lot, with the brand new ones ran the the engine in for?

    Mark
    sigpic

  • #2
    steady for first 200 to wear brakes and tyres.. Then not mad untill at least 1000

    Comment


    • #3
      dealer told me 600 miles, not take it over 3-4000 rpm but I'm sure the little apprentice who pdi's the car doesn't take any notice of running it in lol
      sigpic

      CORSA VXR
      -
      Courtnay Sport panel filter and Downpipe,
      Remus and Retro fit factory Bluetooth and GID

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm sure when I bought the 172 cup and the clio before that Renault told me to do at least 1500 miles! Can't really remember though as it was over 4 years ago (at least)

        Thanks anyway
        Mark
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          200 miles then start too open it up, make sure you oil change at 1k

          Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
          www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

          Comment


          • #6
            i didnt rev above 4K for the first 400 miles. then slowly went up to the redline in steady bursts.

            i chaged my oil at 1k as it was black almost

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
              Hi all,

              In around 10 days I should be picking my brand new corsa VXR up and was wondering how long you lot, with the brand new ones ran the the engine in for?

              Mark
              bet your excited and your seein vxr's everywhere? i got mine with 2000 on the clock so mine was already "run in". all the best anyway

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Miller View Post
                i didnt rev above 4K for the first 400 miles. then slowly went up to the redline in steady bursts.

                i chaged my oil at 1k as it was black almost
                Really how come it was so black after only 1k???

                Originally posted by M666EYS View Post
                bet your excited and your seein vxr's everywhere? i got mine with 2000 on the clock so mine was already "run in". all the best anyway
                Tbh I think the corsa VXR is quite rare as since ordering my VXR I have only seen 2 red ones, but then again it has only been 10 days, seems forever though!

                I see more Astra VXR's tbh mate.

                Mark
                sigpic

                Comment

                Working...
                X