This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• credit crunchin air intake system

i was looking into getting an diablias flowmaster or some sort of induction kit when i realised hang on im a vauxhall engineer i can devise some sort of device just as good as that for a fraction of the price and so it started....

i seen a picture of the flowmaster air intake and then took some measurements from were the intake was situated and came up with a little scoop of my own.....

first i cut out the shape out of sheet steel...

cut out steel pipe to diameter of an air intake pipe i have bought

then some folding and welding occured.....

next i welded a couple of nuts in place to be avle to fix the scoop in position...

i have then primed and sprayed the scoop matt black....

then i connected the intake pipe and a trumpet on the end to take some piks to see how it looked...

this is were im up too so far!! i have looked at the air box and the intake hole from the arch has a peice which can be removed and i plan to block this up with a little blanking plate which is in the piks of it being sprayed then am gona cut a 50mm hole in the air box (obv under the filter) put the trumpet on the inside and then connect the air intake on the outside hopefully keeping it air tight. im then going to put a performance panel filter in and TA'DA hopefully it will be just like a flowmaster!!!

ill take some piks tonite of the instalation and let you know how i get on untill then any coments or critisisim welcome!!
    oh and i know ..... waranty! got a spre air box incase...

Gud job

Comment

that looks good, Could start a little shop going

Comment

looks good, you said you're a vauxhall engineer? what do you actually do?
        sigpic
        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

You have the same dining room table and chairs as me

Comment

Originally posted by soundworks View Post
            You have the same dining room table and chairs as me
            maybe you have just squatter at your home...
            MB E63s AMG
            MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
            Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
            Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

I'm sorry, I cant actually see what your trying to achieve with this metal box? Surely it'll just pre-heat the air, being a metal "heat-soak"...?
              Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VX AND View Post
                I'm sorry, I cant actually see what your trying to achieve with this metal box? Surely it'll just pre-heat the air, being a metal "heat-soak"...?
                dito, vauxhall enginer for you lol.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore vxR View Post
                  when i realised hang on im a vauxhall engineer i can devise some sort of device just as good as that for a fraction of the price

any coments or critisisim welcome!!
                  oh and i know ..... waranty! got a spre air box incase...
                  what concerns me is if you actually work for vauxhall and are an engineer for them and have intentions to modify your car then 'put' back to standard as your words imply if anyhting were to go wrong you would put everything back to how it was and claim on the warranty, if this is what people who work for vauxhall do then what hope do the genuine people have for warranty claims

if you are going to modify your vehicle esp with diy parts you should be prepared to foot the bill not cheat vauxhall and set an example
                  Last edited by vxr bad boy; 10 November 2008, 03:05 PM.
                  sigpic
                  GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                    what concerns me is if you actually work for vauxhall and are an engineer for them and have intentions to modify your car then 'put' back to standard as your words imply if anyhting were to go wrong you would put everything back to how it was and claim on the warranty, if this is what people who work for vauxhall do then what hope do the genuine people have for warranty claims
                    LOL...
                    Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                    sigpic

Comment

im a maintenance engineer in e.port lol was just joking about the warrenty bit it will work im sure of it..
                      as for heat soak this is near enuff the same as a flowmaster intake in the same positin yes it may get hot as it is near the egsaust manifold but with the air flowing in it should keep cool and not have enough time to heat up at this point in the system.

Comment

here is the 'inspiration'

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore vxR View Post
                          im a maintenance engineer in e.port lol was just joking about the warrenty bit it will work im sure of it..
                          as for heat soak this is near enuff the same as a flowmaster intake in the same positin yes it may get hot as it is near the egsaust manifold but with the air flowing in it should keep cool and not have enough time to heat up at this point in the system.
                          is the flowmaster metal too? its just metal would be more more prone to heatsoak being a better conductor of heat as opposed to plastic regardless of air flowing over it as the engine compartment on the corsa is packed anyway
                          sigpic
                          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

is the flowmaster metal too? its just metal would be more more prone to heatsoak being a better conductor of heat as opposed to plastic regardless of air flowing over it as the engine compartment on the corsa is packed anyway
                            He should know... Hes an Engineer!
                            Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                            sigpic

Comment

i know were your coming from with the heat soak problem and im not sure if the flowmaster is metal as i dont have one.
                              and i know the engine bay gets really hot in theses little cars!

Comment

Working...
                              X