This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and again!

another problem.. car has completly lost all power spanner light comes on tried turning it off through dashhawk goes off for a while but still all power is gone showing 0 boost on gauge... sometimes all power comes back for a few mins but goes again

back to vx again
    Last edited by LukeVXR; 10 November 2008, 03:59 PM.

ops... thats not sounds nice to me, hope that you can sort that soon... let us know...
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

amm this time then
      sigpic
      GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
        amm this time then
        is there any other symtoms when the amm goes? i thought i read it makes the car difficult to start

Comment

power loss, flat spots, rough idling
          sigpic
          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

these must all be linked to one problem...surely. good luck Luke

Comment

a quote from thorney on another thread:

Firstly an air mass meter is essentially a plastic tube that sits just after the airbox which has a wire passing through it that is connected to the cars ECU. This wire has a voltage passing through it. In simple terms (I am simplifying) the voltage passing through this wire is used by the cars ECU to control the fueling of the vehicle. Bascially its a pretty simple piece of equipment which sits right after the air box and filter and just has air passing through it. There are no mechanical parts its just a wire in a plastic tube.

AMM's are a very common failure point on all cars not just Vauxhalls, indeed its such a common failure that its almost worthy of a joke in some fields, when the Audi TT came out it wasn't unknown for cars to go through 4/5 a month until Bosche eventually created an upgraded item and Audi recalled them. However they shouldn't fail that commonly and at over £120 each its not something I would consider disposable.

To diagnose the failure of an AMM is relatively simple. Its an electronic part and if they fail they usually flag up an error code - its not rocket science. However we have found that they can show indications of failure without an error code being present sometimes but the fault is manifested as a stutter in power delivery, change the AMM and run the car three/four times the stutter disappears.

As they are simple bits of kit (there isn't exactly a whole lot that can go wrong with them) the cause of failure is pretty simple. Firstly they can be faulty and on a standard car this is all covered under vauxhalls warranty. But all this item does is sit in airflow if you modify the air flowing over it (ie change the standard paper filter with an after market one) the quality of that airflow is changed. All filter manufacturers (doesn't matter who) give all kinds of claims over how much extra power they give (typically none by the way) and they do this with grand claims of saying their filters allow more air through than a standard filter in other words the after market filter is chanign the air going over the AMM, asa result Vauxhall are pretty specific that if the AMM fails on a car with an after market airfilter then it is not covered under warranty.
              sigpic
              GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by LukeVXR View Post
                is there any other symtoms when the amm goes? i thought i read it makes the car difficult to start
                when me amm was written off - have problem that have to start car - and after first start the car snuff - need to press gass little bit, or start it second time... that all the time when was starting car
                MB E63s AMG

Comment

so far i need a new ECU which is not being done under warrenty as apparently i have a different fuel line in the car WTF??? they havent really explained whats going on properly yet need to ring back after 2o clock

they seem to think i have had the car remapped, which i havent
                  there also blaming it on the dump valve as they know i had one fitted in the past
                  Last edited by LukeVXR; 11 November 2008, 01:24 PM.

Comment

If dealers 'think' that the problem could have been caused by a remap, they will try to bluff there way by blaming it on that, to see if you will confess to having a remap, stand your ground and answer no, they expect you to say yes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear you have another problem luke but once the dealer knows you have modded your car in anyway they will use that against your claim.I know this as I am £6000 down now.Hope you get it sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by ray vxr View Post
                        Sorry to hear you have another problem luke but once the dealer knows you have modded your car in anyway they will use that against your claim.I know this as I am £6000 down now.Hope you get it sorted.
                        What happened to yours

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                        www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
                          What happened to yours
                          he had a downpipe fitted, he suffered from a shattered turbo and engine etc due to modification, vaux voided warranty
                          sigpic
                          GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Originally posted by vxr bad boy View Post
                            he had a downpipe fitted, he suffered from a shattered turbo and engine etc due to modification, vaux voided warranty
                            6K for new engine with work ????
                            MB E63s AMG

Comment

Originally posted by brano_co View Post
                              6K for new engine with work ????
                              new engine, turbo, intercooler i think.. inc fitting
                              sigpic
                              GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Working...
                              X