This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another newbie question (corsa vxr)

im sorry to be a pain but i got some leaflets from vauxhall today, and as one of the specs they talk about the special overboost function and activating it, is this something you have to do yourself or does it just kick in on its own at certain times

im also a bit worried bout all these post bout gauges and checking on things. on most my cars i just check the normal things like water oil and washer fluid. i have never had to do much else on a new car as they shouldn't use or leak stuff like on older car. But ive read how certain peeps are having probs and leaks, how would i know and what is they to check on a corsa vxr than other cars?

p.s my previous car was a fiesta st if it helps to know

Originally posted by Jaybro187 View Post
    im sorry to be a pain but i got some leaflets from vauxhall today, and as one of the specs they talk about the special overboost function and activating it, is this something you have to do yourself or does it just kick in on its own at certain times

im also a bit worried bout all these post bout gauges and checking on things. on most my cars i just check the normal things like water oil and washer fluid. i have never had to do much else on a new car as they shouldn't use or leak stuff like on older car. But ive read how certain peeps are having probs and leaks, how would i know and what is they to check on a corsa vxr than other cars?

p.s my previous car was a fiesta st if it helps to know
    The overboost automatically kicks in for about 5 seconds in the 3rd to 6th gears if you floor it. It then automatically resets and is good for overtaking etc
    Regarding the gauges, etc my car is totally standard and apart from keeping an eye on the oil, screen washer and tyre pressure i have had to do nothing under the bonnet. In my opinion Gauges are a person thing and can be useful to keep an eye of things if you running a modified motor.

Comment

as above for 5 second you are going from 230 to 266Nm sorry but dont know the lb/ft or what do you have there...

also about leak, there is nothing other to check i thing as you were checking, just water, oil and water for windshield... maybe just if you find some liquid at morning under car... or car you let you know when will be missing something... correct me if i am wrong...
      Last edited by Brano; 10 November 2008, 11:38 PM.
      MB E63s AMG
      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

ahhhh over boost i just cant help planting it as the extra torque feels so nice i need me a remap asap. less talk more torque.

Comment

thanks guys thats helped alot and especially the checks too cos i was gettin a bit worried with it

Comment

Originally posted by Longshanks100 View Post
            The overboost automatically kicks in for about 5 seconds in the 3rd to 6th gears if you floor it. It then automatically resets and is good for overtaking etc
            Regarding the gauges, etc my car is totally standard and apart from keeping an eye on the oil, screen washer and tyre pressure i have had to do nothing under the bonnet. In my opinion Gauges are a person thing and can be useful to keep an eye of things if you running a modified motor.
            Is it correct also that you have to hold the pedal down for 5 seconds before you get 5 seconds of boost ?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
              Is it correct also that you have to hold the pedal down for 5 seconds before you get 5 seconds of boost ?
              not sure but think, if you do kick-down from that time next 5sec with boost
              MB E63s AMG
              MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
              Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
              Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Working...
              X