X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Oil

might be a stupid question but its somethin i duno lols

im using Tesco's Super Unleaded 99ron in my VXR which oil should i be usinggg???

lots of threads on here about it use the search for bit more info but you can use either the vaux/gm branded 5-30w fully synthetic or as now recommended 0-40w mobil1, you can get the mobil from costco around £23 for 4l
    sigpic
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

right ive tried to search for posts with keywords as oil an i dont seem to be able to find anythin at all

recommendations of what i should use???

Comment

Originally posted by TC-Tonyzthedon View Post
        right ive tried to search for posts with keywords as oil an i dont seem to be able to find anythin at all

recommendations of what i should use???
        The petrol you use doesn't affect which oil you use

Mobil1 0w40

Astra

Comment

Hi TC-Tony, My VX dealer has recently used Castrol Longtech 0w-30 at 1st service.
          Hoggy.
          sigpic

Comment

Hey Tony

Yeah, as the guys said, you want the fully synth stuff 5w30 or 0w40.

I always use the one from the stealers, i believe its 5w30

Comment

Originally posted by Netstar View Post
              Hey Tony

Yeah, as the guys said, you want the fully synth stuff 5w30 or 0w40.

I always use the one from the stealers, i believe its 5w30
              I believe the oil from the dealers will now be Mobil1 0w40 changed from the 5w30 - although when dealers all catch up to this I don't know.

As long as it has the GM approval which matches the details on the Service booklet you should be good

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
                I believe the oil from the dealers will now be Mobil1 0w40 changed from the 5w30 - although when dealers all catch up to this I don't know.

As long as it has the GM approval which matches the details on the Service booklet you should be good
                sigpic
                GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Just had my 1st service and replaced with fully synthetic and purchased a litre as I wasn't sure which type. I was given GM fully synthetic.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                  X