This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steaming up

Is it me or do you have to drive everywhere with the aircon on in this wheather, or is it just me. The car just steams up all the time tried hot air cold air, full fan, doesnt do a thing. I have noticed how narrow the front blower for the window screen. Anyone know a solution to this.

Originally posted by Gazza View Post
    Is it me or do you have to drive everywhere with the aircon on in this wheather, or is it just me. The car just steams up all the time tried hot air cold air, full fan, doesnt do a thing. I have noticed how narrow the front blower for the window screen. Anyone know a solution to this.
    rain x do an anti mist solution stuff that you put on the inside of you windows dont know if it works but heard the rain x good S.hit

Comment

The condensation is the only thing I don't like about the Corsa.
      CORSA VXR , ARDEN BLUE , S+L , AFL , 18'S .
      sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .
      MPS takes the edge off though !

Comment

heaters get rid of it for me

Comment

well its just moisture inside the cabin at the end of the day, just open your window slightly and put your heater on full. put up with the heat for a bit and the moisture will evap out of the window. sorted the same prob out for me.
          INSIGNIA VXR

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore vxR View Post
            rain x do an anti mist solution stuff that you put on the inside of you windows dont know if it works but heard the rain x good S.hit
            Don't use the anit mist stuff its rubbish, makes visability worse
            just open the window as suggested.

Comment

Ive done a couple of threads about this, all i was told was to use the aircon, rubbish solution you shouldnt have to use aircon to clear mist if the ventilation system was designed correctly.

senario : car was completely mist free inside after 8 mile drive, pulled into a 'pub carpark' car wash sat there while they did a great job, started up to drive away, all the interior misted up badly, should this happen ?

senario : driving along mist free, it starts to rain, guess what, the interior mists up.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                Ive done a couple of threads about this, all i was told was to use the aircon, rubbish solution you shouldnt have to use aircon to clear mist if the ventilation system was designed correctly.

senario : car was completely mist free inside after 8 mile drive, pulled into a 'pub carpark' car wash sat there while they did a great job, started up to drive away, all the interior misted up badly, should this happen ?

senario : driving along mist free, it starts to rain, guess what, the interior mists up.
                Precisely . Shouldn't happen.
                sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .

Comment

have you guys checked to see if the floor of the car is damp? Meant to be a factor in the windows misting up constantly

Comment

Floor is fine thank you . They just don't like rain/humidity .
                    sigpic

Gone but not forgotten .

Comment

Originally posted by JayJay69 View Post

Don't use the anit mist stuff its rubbish, makes visability worse
                      just open the window as suggested.
                      ditto

i bought this stuff, applied it, by doing everything it said, then went back out to the car to go for a drive and couldn't see a thing! Had to get some window polish out and it was so stubborn to get off! Stay well clear of it!

Comment

mine steams/mists up like a biatch all the time... but the blowers do get rid of it for me. never used the a/c for that?!

Comment

Originally posted by soosie View Post
                          Floor is fine thank you . They just don't like rain/humidity .
                          Agreed, but why does it happen on a modern car
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                            Agreed, but why does it happen on a modern car
                            Probably a long shot, but, probably the same as modern houses. Built so well with insulation here and seals there, they need extra vents to stop them from sweating/condensation. Anyone into planning will know this!

New cars are built soo much better I bet they just need to breath! Doors double sealed and everything just better made???

Does that make sense to anyone, or just me?
                            Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                            sigpic

Comment

have the same problem with my car, and its been back to the garage 2 times now, its wear your engine not getting warm because your engine fan is turning all the time, iv had the temp sencer replaced, and the ecu, and both time it was fixed for a couple of days,3nd time lucky the cars back in tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X