X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise control

Hi

Why does the cruise control light flash sometimes when attempting to use it, (no owners manaul yet)

many thanks Colin

You have not touched the breaks, it therefore flashes to highlight this. Touch your breaks and all will be well.

The car needs to know the breaks work before it will allow you to use the cruise function.

Comment

also not working under 30kph, dont press (also litle bit) brake or clutch, also not working with out gear (as some opel/vx was) etc...
      Last edited by Brano; 12 November 2008, 12:37 AM.
      MB E63s AMG
      MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
      Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
      Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
        You have not touched the breaks, it therefore flashes to highlight this. Touch your breaks and all will be well.

The car needs to know the breaks work before it will allow you to use the cruise function.
        Thats a new one on me
        sigpic

Comment

thanks guys

i will get on to the dealer today to find out where my owners manaul is, it,s painful not having one

Comment

Originally posted by Terzo282 View Post
            Hi

Why does the cruise control light flash sometimes when attempting to use it, (no owners manaul yet)

many thanks Colin

Yes mine did this yesterday, after i stopped at the services then restarted engine and entered the motorway again it worked fine.

I had tried braking and then using it, nothing tho.

All is fine again, strange tho

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
              Thats a new one on me
              Common on all cruise control cars that ive ever driven, it wont activate unless the brake pedal has been pressed.

The process has to be repeated once the car has been switched off and back on.

Go for a drive and try to use cruise before pressing the break pedal and then try it after, obviously you need to be above the 20mph limit.

Comment

Well probably didnt notice, as the first time i brake at the end of the drive that should be it, shouldnt it ?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
                  Well probably didnt notice, as the first time i brake at the end of the drive that should be it, shouldnt it ?
                  Yep that would be it.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
                    Common on all cruise control cars that ive ever driven, it wont activate unless the brake pedal has been pressed.

The process has to be repeated once the car has been switched off and back on.

Go for a drive and try to use cruise before pressing the break pedal and then try it after, obviously you need to be above the 20mph limit.
                    Mine would not go on and i had used the brakes a few times, still wouldnt go on, light just flashed, until i had stopped to fill up fuel then when i restarted the engine and got back on motorway it worked fine.

First time this has ever happened.

That happened just after the fuel gauge did not recognise that i had filled up the stop before. The gauge slowly went up over the next 20 miles or so until it read full. Weird!!

Comment

Working...
                    X