This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn DDS Light Keeps Coming On!!!!

The Deflation Detection System light keeps coming on!

I dont have a puncture, all tyre pressures are equal and i check them every time it comes on.

i know the system works on rotation of the wheels and the only thing i can put it down to is the fact i have 1 brand new tyre on the front and 1 has got 3-4mm tread left. Had to replace 1 due to a puncture.

I keep resetting it but its coming on (red symbol with exclamation not yellow) 4 times at least per week.

the thing that makes me laugh is i had a blow out and the system is that good the light didnt come on!!

Any ideas what i can do to sort it out??? or any other factors that may make it turn on??

cheers for the help peoples!!

thats it were going up there to sort this out tomoz or friday.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
    www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

New car Mr Vauxhall man please

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post

I dont have a puncture, all tyre pressures are equal and i check them every time it comes on.

i know the system works on rotation of the wheels and the only thing i can put it down to is the fact i have 1 brand new tyre on the front and 1 has got 3-4mm tread left. Had to replace 1 due to a puncture.

I keep resetting it but its coming on (red symbol with exclamation not yellow) 4 times at least per week.

the thing that makes me laugh is i had a blow out and the system is that good the light didnt come on!!

Any ideas what i can do to sort it out??? or any other factors that may make it turn on??

i had similar problem. kept comin on for no reason, even had to pull over on hard shoulder the once. hasnt happened for a couple of months so touch wood its gone away!

Comment

been down any potholes? friend of mine buckled his wheel in one and his DDS (not a vxr) went off every 2 mins untill he got a new wheel

Comment

Originally posted by Miller View Post
            been down any potholes? friend of mine buckled his wheel in one and his DDS (not a vxr) went off every 2 mins until he got a new wheel
            i did hit a pot hole when i got the blowout, the guy at kwik "snail" fit said the rim was undamaged and it just burst the tyre, he also balanced it and said it was fine so other than that im all out of ideas

Golf r32 is looking better by the minute as i seem to have endless issues with this poxy friday car

Comment

Get a Fiat 500

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

I get this too, not as frequent though. Seems to happen if I pull hard overtaking or something though..

Comment

HELP!!! i got DDS but i have NO idea if it's switched on or anything??? I checked my tyre pressures yesterday and the front which are meant to be on 2.6 one was down to 1.7 and i would have thought the warning would have come on?

Comment

Everytime you check your tyre pressure you are supposed to reset the dds , im sure you do this by holding in the button on the dashboard

Comment

Hmmm, okay... i did that yesterday once they'd been done, held it for 4 ish seconds and the amber light flashed on the dash, but just a bit concerned that it got that low and didn't warn me....

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post

DDS on my last Corsa VXR always seemed to come on ok for genuine reasons. I wouldn't be surprised if the significant tread depth difference on left and right triggered the system. I think if it were me I would just have changed both front tyres at the time, especially as the other one is nearly down to 3mm anyway (time to think about changing in my book)

As far as I'm aware, the system measures over a distance so I wouldn't be surprised if a sudden deflation like a blow out would not trigger DDS - You wouldn't really need DDS to tell you though!!

Originally posted by LittleMissCaz View Post
                        HELP!!! i got DDS but i have NO idea if it's switched on or anything??? I checked my tyre pressures yesterday and the front which are meant to be on 2.6 one was down to 1.7 and i would have thought the warning would have come on?
                        As said, DDS always seemed to work ok for me. What pressure was the other front tyre.

Comment

the other was 2.2 i think

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
                            Get a Fiat 500
                            why stop there, make it a 500 arbath lol. i had this problem these past few weeks, infsct it came on yesturday, but i pumped up all four tyres again and hopefully its all sorted.
                            Last edited by Ray_86; 18 January 2009, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMissCaz View Post
                              the other was 2.2 i think
                              Is that Bar?
                              Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Working...
                              X