This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remap Query - VXRPC

Sorry, new to this... tried searching this but couldnt find it... if you get a remap done at VXRPC and live @ other end of the country, what happens when you get a service?? does the map stay on or do i need 2 go back across country to get the map put on after a service or do i have 2 go 2 VXRPC to get the service??? if that makes sense

ohh, and hi all
    ScottyVXR

hi, you can get the remap done and leave it on, you dont need to take it off for a service no need at all on the other hand you could get a handheld unit from one of the tuners on here and take the map off/on at ur convenience
    sigpic
    GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

Nice one... cos my pal as a 225 and i wanna make him eat dust. havent got a clue about tunin cars etc, but reading through the forum, thinkin of stage 2 do the lowering springs improve handling much?? sorry if i am being thick
      ScottyVXR

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
        Nice one... cos my pal as a 225 and i wanna make him eat dust. havent got a clue about tunin cars etc, but reading through the forum, thinkin of stage 2 do the lowering springs improve handling much?? sorry if i am being thick
        lowering springs should do yes, ring around the tuners and do a bit of searching on here you will get some ideas
        sigpic
        GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Comment

They only risk to the map is if Vauxhall flash your ECU.. But if your honest with them and tell them it's mapped and not to flash it that will be fine, however if you want warrenty work done they will know its mapped and instantly refuse if they can.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Also I believe VXRPC use the EDS map so you mgiht find another tuner does it nearer to you. Regal does it and has a hand held unit which they can send you. Dap I believe does it?

Other tuners do other maps that aren't made by EDS..

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

How near to Glasgow are ya bud?

I have the EDS map which I believe is what VXRPC use. I have the IPF handheld unit so that I can upload and remove the maps when ever I want.

Am in Cumbernauld btw

Comment

Originally posted by R i c h a r d View Post
                They only risk to the map is if Vauxhall flash your ECU.. But if your honest with them and tell them it's mapped and not to flash it that will be fine, however if you want warrenty work done they will know its mapped and instantly refuse if they can.
                Ive heard that if your ecu is flashed by the dealer it does not alter the tune, the remap is a series of electronic 'codes' and not affected by ecu updates etc.
                Im sure someone will be up soon to correct / confirm.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by N0ddie_VXR View Post
                  How near to Glasgow are ya bud?

I have the EDS map which I believe is what VXRPC use. I have the IPF handheld unit so that I can upload and remove the maps when ever I want.

Am in Cumbernauld btw
                  Cool... well i might shop around, looking to get my car tuned after xmas. stay near EK

think i will get the remap,and the exhaust, and so on
                  ScottyVXR

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                    Cool... well i might shop around, looking to get my car tuned after xmas. stay near EK

think i will get the remap,and the exhaust, and so on
                    Most tend to do deals upto xmas so might be a saving for you if you treat yourself to an early crimbo pressie

Astra

Comment

Working...
                    X