This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABS Recall?

My Dad got a phone call today from the dealers stating that my car has a recall notice on it. Apparently it needs it's ABS module changed. Has anyone else heard about this. My car is part of the batch of car's that were delivered on the 1st September 2007.

The worst part is that my Dad has allowed my dealer to order in the parts, which means it has to be carried out there. I would rather have it done at Thorney's, but hey ho.
    sigpic
    Astra VXR | VXRacing Edition No 265 | Bluetooth | Cruise Control
    TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

Never heard of any recall. Mine was delivered in Jan '08.
    Last edited by Longshanks; 13 November 2008, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidVXR View Post
      My Dad got a phone call today from the dealers stating that my car has a recall notice on it. Apparently it needs it's ABS module changed. Has anyone else heard about this. My car is part of the batch of car's that were delivered on the 1st September 2007.

The worst part is that my Dad has allowed my dealer to order in the parts, which means it has to be carried out there. I would rather have it done at Thorney's, but hey ho.
      Mine was ordered in May 2007, got it in September 2007, ive not heard anything yet......

Comment

also dont had any call from dealer...
        MB E63s AMG
        MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
        Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
        Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by bluecorsavxr View Post
          Mine was ordered in May 2007, got it in September 2007, ive not heard anything yet......
          mine was ordered in may and delivered in november 2007
          MB E63s AMG
          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by Longshanks100 View Post

....But why is your dad taking calls and making decisions on your car?
            Technically, he's the legal owner and I was unreachable at the time.
            sigpic
            TMS Stage 2 map, Milltek, Bilstein B14 coilovers, Quaife LSD and AP Racing 4 pots.

Comment

Mine got recalled and they made a complete pig's ear out of it, they took nearly a month to sort it.

I had the hydraulic modulator changed ( or something like that) which was a different recall, apparently only 8 Corsa's got the recall in the UK. When I first went to the local detailer they knew sweet FA about the recall, because they thought it was the ABS one, so they didnt have the part they said they would. "Yes sir it will only take an hour or so" or so took nearly a month, had a crappy 1.4 corsa courtesy car, and got promised an upgrade, which they never did. Infact the customer service was complete ****. Wrote a letter and getting a free 1st service.

The ABS recall has been done to alot of Corsa VXRs.... very surprising if you're in the batch they've only just contacted you.
              "If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."

Comment

The thing is, I've used my ABS a lot. On the Nurburgring it practical came on at every corner so I know it works.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Longshanks100 View Post

....But why is your dad taking calls and making decisions on your car?
                  What the hell has it got to do with you ?

Comment

Originally posted by DavidVXR View Post
                    The thing is, I've used my ABS a lot. On the Nurburgring it practical came on at every corner so I know it works.
                    Not sure how accurate this website is but it gives you a list
                    http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/rec...to%2001/1/2010

I believe its to do with problems long term as opposed to short term

My recall - 1 of 10 cars I feel so special lol
                    http://www.vosa.gov.uk/vosa/apps/rec...freeText=Blank
                    "If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."

Comment

recalls on modules are normally ''just in case'' doesn't mean that every module will be fault, they just have to cover their own arses in case one does **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMissCaz View Post
                        recalls on modules are normally ''just in case'' doesn't mean that every module will be fault, they just have to cover their own arses in case one does **** up.
                        That would be what they told me, is there a dealers handbook you're quoting from?

Comment

LOL nope... i just work for Ford ha ha!!! I'm the reception manager there, i deal with ***** all the time and about twenty million recalls too

Comment

Reception manager? Do you have a team of receptionists?

"Answer those calls faster!" "Get that fax NOW Deidre!"

I think I've had too much sugar

Comment

we affectionately refer to them as ''key collectors'' ha ha

Comment

Working...
                              X