• Show
Clear All

• brakes

how much is it for brake pads and which are the best all coments welcome

is everyone asleep!

Comment

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Comment

have a look at courtenays site, they have red stuff, green stuff, yellow stuff, pink stuff, amber stuff, blue stuff, orange stuff and plenty more !

Comment

Just ordered a set of front pads from http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com

The part number is DP21520 , use voucher code scooby53 and choose parcel force 48hr delivery and they work out to be £59.33 delivered ( online price )

Will get them fitted next weekend
          Last edited by trinaandlee; 15 November 2008, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trinaandlee View Post
            Just ordered a set of front pads from http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com

The part number is DP21520 , use voucher code scooby53 and choose parcel force 48hr delivery and they work out to be £59.33 delivered ( online price )

Will get them fitted next weekend
            I have tried so many brake combo's on my 172 cup and i can honestly say ebc are ***** mate.

At the moment I have brembo max discs and mintex fast road/race pads which are a god send and the reason im still alive!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
              I have tried so many brake combo's on my 172 cup and i can honestly say ebc are ***** mate.

At the moment I have brembo max discs and mintex fast road/race pads which are a god send and the reason im still alive!
              And I have run EBC as part of a 300mm Wilwood 4pot set up on a MK3 Gsi and they were great on that car, which goes to show that pad performance can differ from car to car and sometimes even come down to a personal preference.

And yes I was driving it hard as I was going through pads every 2/3 months

Astra

Comment

i have red one from court...
                MB E63s AMG
                MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
                Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
                Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

I had a convo with Wayne and we both think the standard set up is still very good at 250bhp. so id say standard pads

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                  www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

I've always used DS2500's but i dont know if they are available for the Corsa/AStra

Comment

Originally posted by zletsgo View Post
                      And I have run EBC as part of a 300mm Wilwood 4pot set up on a MK3 Gsi and they were great on that car, which goes to show that pad performance can differ from car to car and sometimes even come down to a personal preference.

And yes I was driving it hard as I was going through pads every 2/3 months
                      Down to personal preference then, but personally I like a pad to work when I want it to and not just from cold. Granted Ebc pads were good from cold, but when they warmed up they just wern't working like the mintex pads were.

Only comparison I can think of:

EBC = premier league
                      Mintex = champions league!!!!!

Don't forget you also had the 4 pot set up and I am on about just a disc and pad upgrade, which is what the original guy is doing am I wrong?
                      sigpic

Comment

I used EBS greens in the past and they warped my discs.

Comment

Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
                          Down to personal preference then, but personally I like a pad to work when I want it to and not just from cold. Granted Ebc pads were good from cold, but when they warmed up they just wern't working like the mintex pads were.

Only comparison I can think of:

EBC = premier league
                          Mintex = champions league!!!!!

Don't forget you also had the 4 pot set up and I am on about just a disc and pad upgrade, which is what the original guy is doing am I wrong?
                          Where did you get the mintex ones from???

Comment

Got to agree about the EBCs I used the geen stuff ones on one of my other cars. And they were ****........ Didn't work cold didn't work hot infact I almost warped the discs as they turned blue. But I have heard good things about EBC Black Stuff pads......... Don't know if any one can comment on them............ But personly I will be using std. Vauxhall ones when mine want replacing

Comment

Originally posted by wildio View Post
                              Where did you get the mintex ones from???
                              I got them from GDI in oxfordshire mate, why you ask as most stockists should be able to get them for you.

Mark
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X