This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauge lighting

Could anyone who has fitted a boost gauge or similar tell me where they got the power source for the backlight please?? I was going to run it off the wire for the lights but not sure where to get into it. Thanks.

from the behind the switch for the headlights so it comes on with the lights

Comment

any good ignition feed will work, even use back of cigerete lighter if ya want,

Comment

as said above, use the cig lighter for the ignition and use the climate wire that is used to light that up.
        sigpic

CORSA VXR
        -
        Courtnay Sport panel filter and Downpipe,
        Remus and Retro fit factory Bluetooth and GID

Comment

Originally posted by b16bazza View Post
          any good ignition feed will work, even use back of cigerete lighter if ya want,
          A direct ignition feed will be on/live all the time the ignition is on, so unless you want permanent illumination on your gauges go for the other option behind the ignition switch, scotch lock into the illumination cable. Any cable that goes to the switch lamp will do.
          sigpic

Comment

Im going to bump this thread as i need some information .

We have just fitted a boost gauge and need to know where i can get some easy access to a light 12v feed . The Cigarette power is the ignition feed so is not suitable for illumination . Not wanting to rip the dash apart to connect a wire for illumination so does anyone now where i could connect into easily .

Is there one on the iso block for the stereo ? If so which wire or does anyone have a wiring diagram

Cheers

Comment

Working...
            X