This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust

Sorry if this has been asked before, I'm looking at getting a new exhaust for my vxr, but not sure what to get,

factors that I need to consider
    noise (I don't want it to noisey as I like the sound of the standard one nice and soft)
    Price (i'm not a rich man and have 3 kids so the cost is very important)
    Fitting ( I'll be fitting it myself so needs to be simply)
    Extra power ( which gve the best results)

I'm have found a Magnex for £300 and I see people rave about the remus which is quieter, I know the remus is about £425 and that the warrenty on the car is not void, but if something goes wrong with the car I can put the standard one back on,

I have freinds the say the Magnex exhaust are very good, even though I have heard they have gone under

Does anyone have a magnex

Many Thanks

I would possibly say the that the remus is louder than the magnex?

Magnex will give far better power results as it is a full system, remus should have the rest of the system out soon i hope.

Comment

full magnex system 300?? u sure bro?? lol... if yours looking for just back boc then i certainly go remus mate... quite until you open her up, and wow she sounds good...

Comment

a resonated milltek would do you nicely, cat back wouldn't too expensive either.

Comment

Originally posted by VXR Matt View Post
          I would possibly say the that the remus is louder than the magnex?

Magnex will give far better power results as it is a full system, remus should have the rest of the system out soon i hope.
          Is it possible to mix hand match?

Comment

The magnex is cat back

Comment

yeh thats my plan...
              bastuck race centre section (no cats) straigh through.... remus backbox and custom downpipe.. should pop and bang nicely

Comment

Wait a send.

Doesnt a stage 2 upgrade require a full system?

Comment

As I say I want something not too loud

Comment

Keep it standard then mate, because all of the above are loud especially when giving it some

Comment

Bastuck is not too loud, only a little louder than the standard exhaust, pops and bangs nicely and a slightly deeper note to standard.

Comment

Consider your warranty as well , i think only Remus and Magnex are Vauxhall Approved
                        Last edited by trinaandlee; 16 November 2008, 10:52 PM.

Comment

So which is the most popular?

From what Ive read remus seems pretty well known but, the full system isnt available for the corsa.

Then you have the miltek (full system). However i know nothing about it! What does it sound like?

Also, am i right in saying you'll get greater performance out of the miltek than the remus?

Comment

To be honest i would not want my remus any louder , so im glad it is just back box and de cat . Many people already say the corsa remus is too loud

Comment

So what use is the downpipe?

Comment

Working...
                              X