Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you Vauxhall For My FREE Remap!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Thank you Vauxhall For My FREE Remap!

    Ok ive had endless amounts of problems with my car but on an upside, i went to Regal's rolling road evening on saturday and it turns out my Standard car was not so standard.

    Looks like at some point during its Demo car life that its been remapped.

    tbh i was gonna kick up a fuss but seeing as i was going to map it anyway, as i see it they've saved me a good couple hundred pounds







    The dyno result! 217.2BHP and 211.7LBFT


    Maybe it was an optional upgrade??

  • #2
    So whats that 212 bhp?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by N0ddie_VXR View Post
      So whats that 212 bhp?
      sorry just edited, thats the torque figure

      217 bhp and 211 Pounds of Torque

      Comment


      • #4
        Everyone else on the night was modded, we were saying Nathan will look odd in the magazine holding a graph saying 192bhp lol, but then much to our suprise up popped on the screen a 200+ number lol

        Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

        Clique #14

        Comment


        • #5
          No doubt Im going to get flamed for this, but theres some highly dubious readings from that that dyno have appeared on here today.

          We've had a 253bhp Stage 3 (or 4 as its a regal) that previously only made 245bhp. A 300bhp Stage 2 Astra and an apparently non-modded (or so it seems) Corsa VXR pulling 217bhp.

          I highly doubt Vauxhall would remap a demo car. Theres a distinct possibliliy, but chances are its just the dyno reading stupidly high (which would explain all the other apparently 'high' results).

          Has anyone whos had their dyno tested at regals actually had it tested elsewhere?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by reef View Post
            No doubt Im going to get flamed for this, but theres some highly dubious readings from that that dyno have appeared on here today.

            We've had a 253bhp Stage 3 (or 4 as its a regal) that previously only made 245bhp. A 300bhp Stage 2 Astra and an apparently non-modded (or so it seems) Corsa VXR pulling 217bhp.

            I highly doubt Vauxhall would remap a demo car. Theres a distinct possibliliy, but chances are its just the dyno reading stupidly high (which would explain all the other apparently 'high' results).

            Has anyone whos had their dyno tested at regals actually had it tested elsewhere?
            thats fine, but then the next question is can you explain how it keeps up with my friends focus st? which neither of us could explain as a focus should destroy a corsa..

            some of the standard fiesta st's were coming out at 150bhp which is about right so the dyno i presume was ok? and not giving inacurate readings?
            Last edited by Nathan; 17 November 2008, 12:46 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by reef View Post
              No doubt Im going to get flamed for this, but theres some highly dubious readings from that that dyno have appeared on here today.

              We've had a 253bhp Stage 3 (or 4 as its a regal) that previously only made 245bhp. A 300bhp Stage 2 Astra and an apparently non-modded (or so it seems) Corsa VXR pulling 217bhp.

              I highly doubt Vauxhall would remap a demo car. Theres a distinct possibliliy, but chances are its just the dyno reading stupidly high (which would explain all the other apparently 'high' results).

              Has anyone whos had their dyno tested at regals actually had it tested elsewhere?

              Just to clarify it is quite common for certain press cars to beefed up for example, m8 had a Supertourer which should have been 170bhp ish, when rolling roaded it was pushing 195bhp and later found that 30 or so of the Supertourers had been tweaked using the 3.0L cams that went in the GSi for a press event.

              Astra

              Comment


              • #8
                VXR_Matt Ran almost identical this time, as to last time at regal and again at Courtney

                Comment


                • #9
                  I was on there before the Fiesta / Corsa event kicked off and my Astra VXR as standard produced 245bhp 232lbft.

                  Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

                  Clique #14

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    t200edd's car went on Regals rr at the last rr day they had..he went there with the intention of getting a map only to find out that he too already had a map!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      its easy to provide i higher bhp figure on a rolling road, u have 2 turn ur transmission looses dwn on the rolling road software, the avrage looses r about 25-30% if you turn them down more it will give more horsepower that u actully have

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                        thats fine, but then the next question is can you explain how it keeps up with my friends focus st? which neither of us could explain as a focus should destroy a corsa..

                        some of the standard fiesta st's were coming out at 150bhp which is about right so the dyno i presume was ok? and not giving inacurate readings?
                        Not entirely true!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by DAIR View Post
                          Not entirely true!
                          Sounds interesting.....care to expand on that??
                          sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
                          Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
                          Who is up for a spot of Offroading

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ive gone head to head with a focus (pre-map).

                            I can honestly say that it was near neck and neck to 70!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DAIR View Post
                              Ive gone head to head with a focus (pre-map).

                              I can honestly say that it was near neck and neck to 70!
                              But what happend after 70?? my mate has a 182 and sits with my car until 60ish...then its bye bye
                              sigpicUse to have Astra VXR ST2(courtenay Sport ) 281bhp & 323lb/ft
                              Gotta L200 4x4 now....Mental
                              Who is up for a spot of Offroading

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X