This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hid's

Looking into getting some for the car dont know alot about them, wondering if anyone could give me the low down on them and maybe a link to some good ones? cheers j

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
    www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

hids4u.....

Comment

well worth it once there in, looks the bomb and lighting is greatly improved,
      quite easy to install aswell, just a bit of drilling of rear light cover for the wires and grommet and thats it, other than that find a good place for the balast and your sorted.

Comment

how much am i looking at?

www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

I loved the idea of getting some HIDs fitted too, but for them to be road legal I believe you need to have wash/wipe for your headlights and also self levelling.

Instead I decided to go for HID effect bulbs instead and finally settled on PIAA Extreme White Plus bulbs, which produce an effect as close to HID as you can get. They are expensive, but worth it IMO. There are loads of people who get the HID kits fitted to their cars and get away with it, ..it is down to personal choice though and whether you want them to be 'road legal' or not.
          sigpic
          Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

The HID's are not illegal as a retro fit if they dont have auto levelling/washers, they would be illegal as standard fit if those components were faulty but as you dont have them anyway then its OK. You just have to make sure your beam pattern is not all over the place otherwise you will fail your MOT.

try these.. www.car-mod-shop.co.uk as they are can bus compatable. Ive just fitted some to mine and although I was dubious about them working, they are fine. I tried the H7R fitment as its supposed to give a good beam pattern but to be honest they were pants so ive fitted the standard H7's and they are much better.
            Black Astra VXR...

Comment

Originally posted by unikarl View Post
              The HID's are not illegal as a retro fit if they dont have auto levelling/washers, they would be illegal as standard fit if those components were faulty but as you dont have them anyway then its OK. You just have to make sure your beam pattern is not all over the place otherwise you will fail your MOT.

try these.. www.car-mod-shop.co.uk as they are can bus compatable. Ive just fitted some to mine and although I was dubious about them working, they are fine. I tried the H7R fitment as its supposed to give a good beam pattern but to be honest they were pants so ive fitted the standard H7's and they are much better.
              Sorry Bud, I stand corrected. I do think it's a bit of a legal grey area though.
              sigpic
              Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

Your absolutely right...If you had a copper in a bad mood im sure he would still try getting you for them. Like you say, its a grey area but as long as they are lined up properly there shouldnt be a problem.
                Black Astra VXR...

Comment

try fleeebay got mine for under £40
                  Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
                  Future mods: springs....

Comment

Originally posted by lewisfirth View Post
                    try fleeebay got mine for under £40
                    link?

www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
                      link?
                      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HID-Xenon-Conv...1%7C240%3A1318

Nearly sure this was the kit i used, cant remember exactly as it was ages ago!
                      Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
                      Future mods: springs....

Comment

Originally posted by lewisfirth View Post
                        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HID-Xenon-Conv...1%7C240%3A1318

Nearly sure this was the kit i used, cant remember exactly as it was ages ago!
                        cheers mate

www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

i got some HID's james and have never been stopped mate. The vision at night is so much better so well worth the money. Mine cost £30 and are bosch ones, best £30 i have spent on the car!

Comment

what colour are recommended? 6k or 8k. They are cheaper than I thought from that link so might get a set!
                            sigpic

CORSA VXR
                            -
                            Courtnay Sport panel filter and Downpipe,
                            Remus and Retro fit factory Bluetooth and GID

Comment

everyone i no got 8k or 10k ones, i went for 12k i thought it was light but its not its the colour, the higher the k the bluer they are,,,

Comment

Working...
                              X