This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipf question,

can anyone tell me what a purple\blue light on my ipf means please??

Does it give you they lights when you try and connect it to the car for the first time in the remap process??

If so mine does the same, Regal are sorting mine tho, give them a call and speak to Karen they are very helpfull mate
    sigpic
    Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
    And now have an
    Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
    Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

yeh i uploaded my car with no problem worked fine green light come on and went back to comp, plugged it in and loaded ok, but come up no maps availible.....

so i left it few ours and tried again but just flashes blue/purple, after i get green light to search for maps,,,,

also it sometimes comes up that car is not accepted....

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by b16bazza View Post
        yeh i uploaded my car with no problem worked fine green light come on and went back to comp, plugged it in and loaded ok, but come up no maps availible.....

so i left it few ours and tried again but just flashes blue/purple, after i get green light to search for maps,,,,

also it sometimes comes up that car is not accepted....

cheers
        Car not accepted means its not registered, phone reagal and explain it needs registered and it should work fine after that.

A dont get as far as that it wont read my car to get vin num and stuff so am stuck at the start
        sigpic
        And now have an
        Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

well just off the phone to karen and she says blue/purple led is just a dodgy led and nothing to worry bout, and yeh mine just needed added to the system so hopefully it be up and running now, great folk to talk to on there, and very helpfull to

also quick question what system you running on your comp???

im using vista and managed to get it working

Comment

well just off the phone to karen and she says blue/purple led is just a dodgy led and nothing to worry bout, and yeh mine just needed added to the system so hopefully it be up and running now, great folk to talk to on there, and very helpfull to

also quick question what system you running on your comp???

im using vista and managed to get it working
            A tried that to start with and program runs but wont let you program it right vista dont send the correct info to ipf unit,

My one still on blue/purple led when a first plug it in car hope a get it going soon tho
            sigpic
            And now have an

Comment

well heres hopin mine will be ok, i have it on a friends comp with XP so will try mine once im home and if it dont work ill do it on his,

when i do it on VISTA everything seems to work ok all loads in and connection etc just when i start to load up maps its ''car not accepted'' but hopefully once its registered ill have no probs,

Comment

well just had karen on the phone, said my car is now registered so be home from work early tonight to give it a bash, hopefully ive sussed the vista problem and got it working,
                fingers crossed for myself,

Comment

did you get it working with vista then?
                  i read its not compatible with vista so just put my laptop up for sale to get one with XP so i can get one, i emailed thorney asking them about the software but NO reply!

Comment

Originally posted by hardcore vxR View Post
                    did you get it working with vista then?
                    i read its not compatible with vista so just put my laptop up for sale to get one with XP so i can get one, i emailed thorney asking them about the software but NO reply!
                    Why not buy a copy of XP for your laptop and install it?

Comment

no looks like its not working, tried installing xp on my vista laptop and having major problems, i have my computer friend looking at it right now so hopefully ill have laptop back with xp up n running, been a total nightmare since i got my unit on monday.
                      i just hope that because i have loaded it on a few comps it will still work ok?
                      can anyone tell me if this will be ok as its on 3 computers now but my friends are all away so cant use there ones.

Comment

no looks like its not working, tried installing xp on my vista laptop and having major problems, i have my computer friend looking at it right now so hopefully ill have laptop back with xp up n running, been a total nightmare since i got my unit on monday.
                        i just hope that because i have loaded it on a few comps it will still work ok?
                        can anyone tell me if this will be ok as its on 3 computers now but my friends are all away so cant use there ones.
                        I dnt think it maters what comps u put it on as it registard 2 ur car. Dnt quote me on it but thats what i presume.
                        Tink id rather get a new laptop than bother down gradin 1!

Comment

Dont worry mate it will be fine mine on a few comps aswell its only the unit thats tied to one car so to speak. Got ma map on the car now so all is good and its amazing the power diff
                          sigpic
                          And now have an

Comment

try to go slowly when the soft recognize your HW_ID, VIN etc...
                            wait about 10s to go to the next step.

if i go quickly to the next step, i have the same problem. I think it's because my connection is not good on FTP server.

Comment

well come home tonight and tried the edf, all worked ok so the map is on, just way to go get petrol and c how it runs

Comment

Working...
                              X