X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clucth problems?

was driving along today from turriff and the clutch starting slipping

by the time i got home the clutch had gone! due to a girlfriend that uses my car a lot we have done 20000 miles, phoned vauxhall who want 130plus vat for an inspection then we have to pay up for a new clutch!

anyone else experienced problems with their clutch? we'r not sure if it could be a manufacturers problem??

just noticed i spelt clutch wrong - duh?!?!
    Last edited by sv57 trz; 18 November 2008, 06:47 PM. Reason: spelling!!!!!

hiya, is it still under warenty? try get it done under that... surely a clutch shouldnt fail after only 20k? alot of work for a new clutch, if you do have to pay for a new one there might be a sports/uprated clutch avalible which would be cool

Comment

I think its included in the fair ware and tear section, so not warrenty covered unless its a manufactures fault but try proving it !!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by miniman View Post
        I think its included in the fair ware and tear section, so not warrenty covered unless its a manufactures fault but try proving it !!!
        A friend of mine took a Honda Acord in and was told £700+ for a new clutch after only 18000 miles and only 14 month old!! A letter from my friends lawyer and they got it for free under warrenty, he also tows a caravan, which the garage knew about.

Moral of the story, if its under warranty and only 20000 miles on the clock and id def be getting it replaced for free.
        Tell them if they dont agree you will go and seek legal advice as it is not acceptable.

Garages are chancing b******s at times, really annoys me!

Good luck
        Last edited by bluecorsavxr; 18 November 2008, 09:11 PM.

Comment

yes its proving it that does seem to be the problem!

it is under the ware and tear unless my mileage was below 18500 (which it isnt) so they arent taking me on at all, iv had it picked up and taken to a vauxhall dealer so will find out in a few days the price.

i phoned a few garages and they have said that they is no way they can tell if its a manufacturers problem but vauxhall have said yes they can

Comment

Originally posted by sv57 trz View Post
            yes its proving it that does seem to be the problem!

it is under the ware and tear unless my mileage was below 18500 (which it isnt) so they arent taking me on at all, iv had it picked up and taken to a vauxhall dealer so will find out in a few days the price.

i phoned a few garages and they have said that they is no way they can tell if its a manufacturers problem but vauxhall have said yes they can
            And if it is a manufactures fault, then were all in the shitz
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X