This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TID Question....

Was sat in an sri demo yesterday, which had the graphic info display in it (the one you get with climate or bluetooth) and noticed it shows all the ecu information like fuel range etc....

I am guessing that the triple info dislpay, the smaller one, does not show any of this info on a vxr??

And is there a way to retrofit the bigger screen??

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question
    Astra Edition #105
    Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

It shows it where the milage is. Think ul need to upgrade to get the bigger screen,

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
    www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
      It shows it where the milage is. Think ul need to upgrade to get the bigger screen,
      thnx james....do u have the smaller display?

what else does it show?
      Astra Edition #105
      Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

i got the smaller screen but want a bigger screen, was wondering if this is possible???

Comment

Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
          Was sat in an sri demo yesterday, which had the graphic info display in it (the one you get with climate or bluetooth) and noticed it shows all the ecu information like fuel range etc....

I am guessing that the triple info dislpay, the smaller one, does not show any of this info on a vxr??

And is there a way to retrofit the bigger screen??

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question
          i thinkg that those info you shut have also with the small one, but just with BC - then those you can see between speedo and rpm...
          MB E63s AMG
          MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
          Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
          Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

What did this PM say? I would like to know also!

I thought it was tough because you needed climate control with electronically operated all the heating stuff and if you haven't got this then it's old fashioned cables.

Comment

bluetooth gets you the big display as well cos I have it yet no climate control

Comment

Originally posted by Reg View Post
                  i got the smaller screen but want a bigger screen, was wondering if this is possible???
                  Originally posted by VX Tech View Post
                  PM Sent
                  Originally posted by Somerset Bumpkin View Post
                  What did this PM say? I would like to know also!

I thought it was tough because you needed climate control with electronically operated all the heating stuff and if you haven't got this then it's old fashioned cables.
                  Originally posted by Schneider View Post
                  bluetooth gets you the big display as well cos I have it yet no climate control

What did this PM say? Can the bigger screen be retrofitted?

If so any ideas how much the unit is?
                  Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                  sigpic

Comment

yes both the GID and CID can be fitted. however you will need a new surround for the screen.
                    Tech2 Diagnostics
                    Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmartyn View Post
                      yes both the GID and CID can be fitted. however you will need a new surround for the screen.
                      Surround is cheap from what ive been told...

Will it need marrying? Or is this just if I want it to work with stereo? What if using aftermarket stereo?

Any ideas how much the non sat nav screen is?
                      Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                      sigpic

Comment

i have the big screen it shows radio and when you play an mp3 cd or somthing off itunes it gives the track name although i don't know if thats standard on all corsa's, phone which shows network signal strength and you can add your phone book and it has voice activasion, the bc shows your average mpg how many miles to refill and the mpg your doing at that point if you press the bc button again it will show more info about short and long distance average mpg's etc and theres also a stopwatch for track days

this is mainly controlled using the steering wheel controls so unless you have them i presume you would have to add them aswell if you upgrade you centre console screen

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

Originally posted by VX AND View Post
                          Surround is cheap from what ive been told...

Will it need marrying? Or is this just if I want it to work with stereo? What if using aftermarket stereo?

Any ideas how much the non sat nav screen is?
                          yes the unit will need marrying and the old one devorcied from the car

think the GID is about £200 ish
                          Tech2 Diagnostics
                          Cruise control, Radio programming, Display Programming, Anti Hijack, Check Control In the West Midlands. PM for Info

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by richie.corsa.vxr View Post
                            i have the big screen it shows radio and when you play an mp3 cd or somthing off itunes it gives the track name although i don't know if thats standard on all corsa's, phone which shows network signal strength and you can add your phone book and it has voice activasion, the bc shows your average mpg how many miles to refill and the mpg your doing at that point if you press the bc button again it will show more info about short and long distance average mpg's etc and theres also a stopwatch for track days

this is mainly controlled using the steering wheel controls so unless you have them i presume you would have to add them aswell if you upgrade you centre console screen
                            Ah, okay. Didnt think about the steering controls. We all have them but with small screen it controls the mpg etc info on the main dash including stop watch etc... so th steering controls would be talking to the wrong thing!!! LOL
                            Maybe this is where Tech Two comes in?
                            Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxrmartyn View Post
                              yes the unit will need marrying and the old one devorcied from the car

think the GID is about £200 ish
                              Jesus, that much?
                              Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X