This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Haven't had a tyre thread in a while

So as my 2 fronts will need replacing soon what do you recommend? I'm after something with a touch more grip and something that'll last a bit longer than the standards,

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=32976

"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."

Comment

I went for the Conti 3's

Comment

whats the difference between the conti 2's and the conti 3's? are the 3's just a newer version?
        milltek full system with straight throu middle section, courtenay panel filter, re-maped, lowered, 19" alloys,

Comment

Originally posted by gmartinvxr View Post
          whats the difference between the conti 2's and the conti 3's? are the 3's just a newer version?
          Threes are the new twos. Cant get two anymore...
          Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
          sigpic

Comment

Toyo`s for me, but you tend to find that grippier means they wear quicker, as they are generally softer ...

Comment

Hi, I have Toyo's on mine, but like the Conti 2, I don't think they are going to last much more than 6K miles...
              Hoggy..
              sigpic

Comment

I had some conti 2's lasted me 8500 miles!!! replaced by conti 3's now, the 3's feel more grippy though

Comment

8500! thats amazing i am only just over 3000miles and the tyers have lost alot of grip, i will need a new set sooon!
                  Mods: Carbon wrap bonnet, carbon wrap roof, carbon diffuser, clifford, boost gauge, Wind deflectors, tints, TD 1.2s with R888 rubber ready for the summer, RARB and braces!
                  Future mods: springs....

Comment

just replaced mine at 9500 miles, with eagle f1's about 3 weeks ago, my tyre deflation light kept coming on when it rained and today i noticed the one has been put on the wrong way so it pushing water into the centre of the tyre >-(

Comment

how much for the conti's 3?

Comment

My conti 2's lasted 14000 miles, bought some Dunlops and they were amazing to begin with and really cut out the aquaplaning in the wet. Even though there's loads left on them they've lost a lot of grip and spin a lot now. Don't think i'll buy them again..

Comment

Hi, Not much competition down here & Conti 3 cost me £150 each fitted etc.
                          Hoggy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Conti 3's for me.

I paid a mobile tyre fitter £300 for 2 and he did an awesome job in summer while I sat in the garden drinkin bottles of bud.

Job's a good un!

Comment

So where do you guys buy your tyres from?

Comment

Working...
                              X