X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust spots ???

Hi there

Has anyone else notice tiny little rust spots in the paint work when cleaning their VXR? Mine is silver so i've noticed them quite easily.

I've recently noticed a fair few on mine especially around the boot area, i've also noticed small spots (pimples) which are raised in the paint work.

Any ideas?

this shouldnt be happening on a newer car... sure its not tar or summin?

Comment

got something similar but mostly on back bumper which is plastic obviously so tried to clean them off with car shampoo when washing it and they do come off quite easily, a thought it was mabye stuff out the exhaust since its all round that area.

If it is rust tho get it back for a respray as thats not right on a new car,
      sigpic
      Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
      And now have an
      Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
      Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Originally posted by VXRJersey View Post
        Hi there

Has anyone else notice tiny little rust spots in the paint work when cleaning their VXR? Mine is silver so i've noticed them quite easily.

I've recently noticed a fair few on mine especially around the boot area, i've also noticed small spots (pimples) which are raised in the paint work.

Any ideas?
        Get some pics if possible. I may have the pimple problem...
        Corsa VXR Arden, 18's
        sigpic

Comment

My dad had the same thing on the boot of his 5 door astra and it was resprayed by vauxhall for free when car was 11 months old so get in asap cos am sure its only in first year pain is covered for things like this
          sigpic
          Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
          And now have an
          Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
          Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Got the same problem as well
            CORSA VXR & NISSAN 200sx Turbo!!!!!

Nissan running at 260+ BHP !!!!! bye bye ST!!

1990 Starlet GT turbo project ! running Subaru WRX turbo !

Comment

i have noticed some very very small brown areas popping up on the rear of the car... no amount of washing or waxing appears to remove them. its almost like it is under a layer or laquer

Comment

Originally posted by paperjams View Post
                i have noticed some very very small brown areas popping up on the rear of the car... no amount of washing or waxing appears to remove them. its almost like it is under a layer or laquer
                Pimple and craters on mine.......along the top of the boot lid two on the door,three on the roof and one on the quarter panel

Comment

Originally posted by corsaopc View Post
                  Pimple and craters on mine.......along the top of the boot lid two on the door,three on the roof and one on the quarter panel
                  i only have mine on the boot itself, nowhere else. I bloody hope it isnt rust. Mind you, my mint alfa started to rust all over when it was only 4.5 years old

Comment

The problem is you really have to look for them to see...still thats not the point a car that is less than a year old shouldn't be like that...mines only 7 months old.

Comment

its contamination not rust,a good clay bar will remove it
                      sigpic

See No Evo, Hear No Evo, Fear No Evo! 508bhp,540lb/ft

Comment

I've tried to remove them but nothing seems to be working, my car is going back into the garage for around the 15th time soon so will get them to have a look. Its only 8 months old so dont really expect to see anything like that on a brand new car. I've had enough problems without this aswel.

Will try to get some pictures.

Comment

Do you or any of the others with the same problems live or park you car close to a rail way line............. That can cause problem as the metal dust is in the air

But I would imagain it is most likly to be coming off you brakes you may find it on and around your wheels more.... It is unlikly to be the metal rusting more just contaminants on the surface.......... A polish with compound will remove them if the clay bar won't do it

Comment

I live in the Channel Islands, no rail way lines at all over here

Mine are mostly round the boot lid and top door panels, also a few apearing on the tops of the door frames.

There were some on the bonnet thats recently been re=sprayed due to the garage damaging it while doing over work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by VXRJersey View Post
                              I live in the Channel Islands, no rail way lines at all over here

Mine are mostly round the boot lid and top door panels, also a few apearing on the tops of the door frames.

There were some on the bonnet thats recently been re=sprayed due to the garage damaging it while doing over work on it.
                              As mentioned sounds like contamination to me and not rust. Your best bet is to try a professional valeter and run a polisher over it all. Why on earth would you let your dealer have a go at it as from what you say they have already damaged the car, keep well away from dealers.

Comment

Working...
                              X