This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mod'ing your car

hi, ive been a member on his site for around 2 weeks, and some of the stuff some of you guys have done to your cars is unreal! half the stuff i dont know what your on about, air filters, lights, tyres, re-maps, exhausts etc etc, i wouldnt know where to start on mine, is it because im thick or are there any other members out there who are the same??. aint you guys worried about your warrenty??

at start try to de-badge and maybe change panel filter... and add vxronline stickers - they will add something about 5-7 BHP

after that is here fooooooooooking long TO-DO list...
    MB E63s AMG
    MB C63 AMG & Performance Package
    Megane R.S. 250 CUP - Gone, But Not Forgotten
    Opel Corsa OPC / VXR - Gone, But Not Forgotten

Comment

Warrenty is a can of worms Issue. between ones who worry ones who don't and ones who would rather have a tuner warrenty than a vaux one...!

if you looking to tune ring the tuners check out there warrenties how it ties in with your own warrenty, and pick the one you feel safest with, the closer to you is preferable as well as if it does go wrong you've not got far to go...

Each tuner will have there followers just besure its your own decision don't be pushed into something you don't want or like or trust!

Comment

They will always find an excuse and blame something so they dont have to pay out for warrenty.

Yea a was the same as you about a year ago now ave just spent £700 this month on remap, anti-roll bar and air filter and stuff like that.

Get used to/bored with the power you have from the car first then start doing a few mods to improve it. the do it yourself remap is good because if you have probs put std map back on before it goes for service or repairs at vx
        sigpic
        Astra VXR,Focus ST,Astra VXR Burg 326,Focus RS,Bmw 3 Series Convertible
        And now have an
        Astra GTC VXR in Arden Blue
        Aero kit, AFL premium forward lighting, Sat nav, Dark rear tinted windows, Electric folding mirrors and Rear parking sensors

Comment

Originally posted by M666EYS View Post
          hi, ive been a member on his site for around 2 weeks, and some of the stuff some of you guys have done to your cars is unreal! half the stuff i dont know what your on about, air filters, lights, tyres, re-maps, exhausts etc etc, i wouldnt know where to start on mine, is it because im thick or are there any other members out there who are the same??. aint you guys worried about your warrenty??
          You'll soon get the hang of it, Buddy. I joined just over a month ago and up until then, I was just like yourself, ..didn't have a scooby what a RARB or a Remap was, ..now I've got a RARB and a panel filter fitted and am planning on a set of Eibach Pro springs next. You'll know all the jargon before long and have a yourself a fully modded VXR in no time!
          sigpic
          Was TV Mag Featured Astra VXR Nurburgring Edition 353, gone but not forgotten. Current car MY15 RR Evoque Dynamic SD4 Zanzibar Bronze with Black Pack, Magnetic Ride, 20" Forged OEM Stormer Alloys, Fully Loaded xx

Comment

I was completley the same as you mate. Got my corsa and i tell you now ive learnt a lot about my car and getting hands on with it
            Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

lol yeah we all start somewhere mate,its confusing but once you start spending money you'll soon get to grips lol,and if your ever stuck or at a loss let me know as your only down the road from me so id be glad to help.

Comment

Tell me about it mate, I don't know if it's because it's a turbo'd car and it's my first turbo or what. Sometimes I read something on here and think "wtf does that mean?"

Some one mentioned a RARB, is that some sort of anti roll bar?

Mark
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VXR56 View Post
                  lol yeah we all start somewhere mate,its confusing but once you start spending money you'll soon get to grips lol,and if your ever stuck or at a loss let me know as your only down the road from me so id be glad to help.
                  no problem, will keep that in mind

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
                    I was completley the same as you mate. Got my corsa and i tell you now ive learnt a lot about my car and getting hands on with it
                    same here mate, you learn a lot from the site and will pick lots of thngs up!

Comment

Originally posted by S666MAH View Post
                      Tell me about it mate, I don't know if it's because it's a turbo'd car and it's my first turbo or what. Sometimes I read something on here and think "wtf does that mean?"

Some one mentioned a RARB, is that some sort of anti roll bar?

Mark
                      RARB = Rear Anti Roll Bar buddy

Comment

Originally posted by bluecorsavxr View Post
                        RARB = Rear Anti Roll Bar buddy
                        Ha ha well I nearly got it didn't I? Cheer bud
                        Mark
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by M666EYS View Post
                          my hobbie mate, i was in your position once know im out of control.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                          www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
                            my hobbie mate, i was in your position once know im out of control.
                            Your telling me lol
                            Corsa Has Left The Building

Comment

Working...
                            X