This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refurb on alloys by vauxhall?

ive just got my black corsa vxr with 18" antharcite alloys. When i got the car all four wheels looked and are very scuffed. I mentioned it to the sales guy and today spoke to the general manager. He told me they cant be repaired or refurbed because of the colour and cos they are diamond cut, is this true or is he fobbing me off?

i got told that 2 m8 about my astra 19's

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybro187 View Post
      ive just got my black corsa vxr with 18" antharcite alloys. When i got the car all four wheels looked and are very scuffed. I mentioned it to the sales guy and today spoke to the general manager. He told me they cant be repaired or refurbed because of the colour and cos they are diamond cut, is this true or is he fobbing me off?
      I HAVE SEEN ASTRA VXR WHEELS REFURBED THEY WERE PERFECT IS IT SAME STYLE!!

Comment

Originally posted by johnny_VXR View Post
        I HAVE SEEN ASTRA VXR WHEELS REFURBED THEY WERE PERFECT IS IT SAME STYLE!!
        Depends which Astra VXR wheels - later one's are Diamond Cut, have the appearance of tiny record grooves.
        Apparently they can be repaired but maybe not by all refurbers

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybro187 View Post
          they can be but will never look as new and would cost alot of cash

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
          www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
            they can be but will never look as new and would cost alot of cash

I was told by a wheel refurber that £90 was the going rate for Diamond cut and that there was a company in NI (New Wheels or NU Wheels iirc) which specialized in doing so (60k lathe just for doing this apparently?)

Astra

Comment

My dad just had his 19's on his M3 refurb,the diamond cut ones!! Look wicked,65quid each thou!!

Comment

My Vauxhall Dealer Got My Diamond Cut Alloys Refurbed When I Bought The Car (6 Months Old) With No Fuss
                sigpic
                - Corsa VXR - Arden Blue - Sight & Light Pack - Front Grill VXR Badge - ITG Panel Filter - Milltek Down Pipe - Milltek Catback System - TMS Bluefin Remap - Blue Samco Boost Hoses - Baileys DV26 BOV - 6000K HID Kit - Team Heko Wind Deflectors - 18" Black Vauxhall Alloys - Nurburgring Splitter - OPC Fog Surrounds - Tinted Fog Lights - CS Brake Ducts - Ultra Black Headlights - Tinted Windows - Hel Braided Brake Lines - Green Cotton Filter -

Comment

The diamond cut wheels can be refurbed, but there are very few companies around that can do it. We;ve had one done and it was 99% perfect, only very close up could you see a slight variation in the diamond cut compared to the standard wheel.

Comment

If people get good work done on the Diamond cut wheels it might be worth recommending the outfit that did the work in the Region section to help others out?

Astra

Comment

cool well it seems as like im not bein conned then as the verdict seems its difficult to do then

Comment

When i got my vxr it had a kerbed alloy and they they said oh yeah we can sort it drop it off thursday. Went back at 5 and they could not do it because its a polished alloy which is then lacquered and thats it. And they could not do it.
                        so after vauxhall took a month to try and find a campany to do it and failed i phoned a company up which was local and he wanted 80 to refurb it. He took the wheel one morning and by 5 that night he had got rid of the marks by polishing the wheel back and then lacquered the wheel up and baked it. You cant tell he did it and vauxhall paid for it to be done.

The company that did it are called ruderimz
                        Corsa VXR Nurburgring FOR SALE!!! PM ME

Comment

my wheels still waiting to be done been waiting 4 month now i ring up twice a week to get onto vauxhall and they say they will get back to me there just waiting cos the company is fully booked. i cant stand vauxhall they have taken it to far now taking the piss out of me!!
                          Arden corsa Vxr = TMS stage 2=(227.8BHP)

Comment

Originally posted by farrell123 View Post
                            my wheels still waiting to be done been waiting 4 month now i ring up twice a week to get onto vauxhall and they say they will get back to me there just waiting cos the company is fully booked. i cant stand vauxhall they have taken it to far now taking the piss out of me!!

Go down there when its really busy and have a go at the lowest ranked person there and make a massive scene about how bad the service has been from them and how you want it sorted now or get you a new wheel
                            Corsa VXR Nurburgring FOR SALE!!! PM ME

Comment

Working...
                            X