This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to de-badge

hi all can anyone help me please i want to de-badge my vxr and was hoping someone would give me a few tips as of the easest way to get them off cheers

Originally posted by jason101 View Post
    hi all can anyone help me please i want to de-badge my vxr and was hoping someone would give me a few tips as of the easest way to get them off cheers
    I'd be interested to know this also! In the past I have just got strong piece of string to lift the edges of a badge up and then got a flat head screw driver wrapped in some sort of thick cloth to avoid scrathing the body work when using it to lift the badge away from the paint work.

Anyone got any before and after pics on doing this?

Mark
    sigpic

Comment

Heat the badge with a hairdrier to warm the glue up then use a credit card to slip down the back and then just use some polish to remove any glue that might be left....DO NOT use anything metal to try and get it off.....

Comment

think someone said.............dental floss behind the badge, after a quick heat up with hairdryer.

slightly off topic Q; I like the look of debadging, what do people think, is it a young guys mod or should i go for it.

Q. I intend to trade in at the two year mark...............is it easy to replace the badges as it is to remove ?
        Son of the Clyde a roaming went
        Sinned aplenty, much to repent
        loved and lost, gave and took
        Way too lazy to write a book.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by smokinvxr View Post
          Heat the badge with a hairdrier to warm the glue up then use a credit card to slip down the back and then just use some polish to remove any glue that might be left....DO NOT use anything metal to try and get it off.....
          Thats what I would suggest as well

Comment

Heat up with a hair dryer and use some dental floss to get behind and peal the badge off.
            sigpic

CORSA VXR
            -
            Courtnay Sport panel filter and Downpipe,
            Remus and Retro fit factory Bluetooth and GID

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rooster View Post

Q. I intend to trade in at the two year mark...............is it easy to replace the badges as it is to remove ?

Only snag with putting the badges back on, is you get one chance to put them on, so its easy to not get the badge quite where it should be....

Comment

Originally posted by merve84 View Post
                Heat up with a hair dryer and use some dental floss to get behind and peal the badge off.
                Ah... Credit Crunch!! Yes for people without a credit card the above will also work!!

Comment

so ..........opinions please................is debadging considered a young dudes mod, or should i go for it before i reach 50 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Red Rooster View Post
                    so ..........opinions please................is debadging considered a young dudes mod, or should i go for it before i reach 50 lol
                    Sorry Rooster you MUST be under 25 to debadge....it's the LAW!!

Only joking mate!! I don't think age is in any way a factor in debadging!! If you want to do it....DO IT!!
                    Last edited by smokinvxr; 23 November 2008, 03:59 PM.

Comment

i just cut through the sticky pad behind the badge with fishing wire, then polished the glue off.

Below Is The Pic Of My Car Without The "Corsa" Badge

sigpic
                      - Corsa VXR - Arden Blue - Sight & Light Pack - Front Grill VXR Badge - ITG Panel Filter - Milltek Down Pipe - Milltek Catback System - TMS Bluefin Remap - Blue Samco Boost Hoses - Baileys DV26 BOV - 6000K HID Kit - Team Heko Wind Deflectors - 18" Black Vauxhall Alloys - Nurburgring Splitter - OPC Fog Surrounds - Tinted Fog Lights - CS Brake Ducts - Ultra Black Headlights - Tinted Windows - Hel Braided Brake Lines - Green Cotton Filter -

Comment

I used hair dryer an credit card was hardly any glue left over - did this th emin i got the car

did my little cousins saab the other day, his left more glue on it, i used windo cleaner and boiling water to get the remains off

My opinion is that they all should be debadged look so much cleanerrr
                        sigpic

Comment

Each and too their own I guess, you take one badge off it looks like its dropped off or someones nicked it, take them all off it looks ridiculous like your trying to hide what your driving Not for me sorry.

Comment

I simply used hot water and finger power , you will 50% of the time scuff the clearcoar or paint even with a credit card as vx paint is soft as chocolate..

HeavenlyDetail
                            Youtube Channel - HeavenlyDetail

Comment

Originally posted by chester View Post
                              Each and too their own I guess, you take one badge off it looks like its dropped off or someones nicked it, take them all off it looks ridiculous like your trying to hide what your driving Not for me sorry.

Agree to some extent, that its each to his own on the badged/debadged thing,...(dont think it looks ridiculous)......there are some that actually put more badges on and sometimes that can look worse.....................for me its aesthetics, looking at some of the debadged cars on here in my opinion it actually improves the lines/shape of the vehicle...i dont think people are trying to hide what they are driving, but rather draw attention to what they are driving, by making their veh unique in some way...............the only problem is you need to be pretty creative in order to be different with Astras and Corsas etc.........cos most has already been done

Comment

Working...
                              X