This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads-Up

Just in case you guys buying new Artics haven't thought of it, but due to VAT being cut from 17.5% to 15% I presume you guys will be asking for 2.5% off the purchase price of your new cars?
    Last edited by Somerset Bumpkin; 24 November 2008, 10:20 AM.

178.5% VAT ouch would like to see 5% cut then that would pay for my pioneer double din DVD satnav. Feel sorry for any one who has just paid for there car
    VXR ARCTIC #157

Comment

When does the VAT reduction start?

Comment

Immediately. Otherwise the gov would crash the economy becasue everyone would be waiting!

Comment

That would mean anyone who is waiting for there car and hasnt paid yet could get the discount then otherwise there would be a lot of ppl cancelling orders

Comment

The dealers should drop the prices though, because all they're doing is passing on a tax-cut, they're not losing out.

edit - Hasn't officially beehn announced yet but it will be real soon, so I wouldn't be rushing my order if I were you.
            Last edited by Somerset Bumpkin; 24 November 2008, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Somerset Bumpkin View Post
              The dealers should drop the prices though, because all they're doing is passing on a tax-cut, they're not losing out.
              Will they tho? Thats the worry, banks havent been passing on rates, i know VAT is different, but the garages might not quite pass on full benifit to customers in a bid to gain money back.
              Last edited by bluecorsavxr; 24 November 2008, 11:08 AM.

Comment

They have to declare the cost of VAT, which will now be worked out at 15% on the reciept. Wether or not they reduce their costs for the actual car though is another question.

Comment

they have to. its the government telling retailers and such to reduce the cost of VAT to allow US to buy more. no point in it not being passed on!!

Comment

Working...
                  X